1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fight FOCA Petition

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 16, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just signed the Fight FOCA petition. I encourage all pro-life folks, regardless of other political positions, to sign this as well. This petition deals only with the Freedom of Choice Act, not other political issues.

www.fightfoca.com

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Done!:thumbs:

3. givengrace

givengrace New Member

ME TOO!:thumbs:

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I would like to sign this petition because I'm against abortion in all cases.

However, I would first like to know about this organization and this particular web site just to be sure it's legitimate.

5. TrustingInHim

TrustingInHim New Member

Signed and sent (click). Thanks for the post! :thumbs:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    www.aul.org

7. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Thanks! I signed the petition. We all need to fight the murder of unborn children.

8. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I'm a little confused. Couldnt we have fought this by not voting for Obama in the first place? What a hypocrite. Is this how you soothe your guilty conscience?

9. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You shouldn't call another poster a hypocrite, now should you?

BTW, I signed the petition as well.

10. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

From www.fightfoca.com

Seems to be about 12 days too late. If he will not listen to ~50,000,000 voters and the cries of ~50,000,000 children murdered in, and some outside, their mothers womb [which he supported] do you really think he cares about a petition?:BangHead: :tonofbricks:

11. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Did you sign the petition?

12. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

What are you talking about. You vote a man in office who is a babykiller then fight his policies with a stupid petition. [personal attack snipped]

#12 Ps104_33, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  13. OldRegular

No and I don't plan to! I have been fighting against abortion since 1973 and will do so as long as I live.

I would hate to die though with one unanswered question I have been asking professing Christians since 1973: How can a follower of the LORD Jesus Christ support murdering unborn children [and sometimes the just born]?:tear: :tear:

14. OldRegular

You deserve a dozen or so atta boys, but since there is no such smilie and there is a limit I will just have to make do!:laugh: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

#14 OldRegular, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  15. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I made my voice known about the pro-life issue when I cast my vote for president. But since the majority of our country (and some on the BB) refused to support the pro-life candidate for president, I guess we have no choice but to take the petition route now.

Yes, I signed it.

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not at all. I feel no guilt in voting for Barack Obama for president. If I had voted for John McCain and he had won, then I am sure that I would be signing a petition on some subject I disagree with him on. I agreed with neither major party candidate on 100% of the issues.

As I have stated previously in this forum, abortion is one issue among many that I consider. I understand that many Christian voters place abortion at the tip top of their list of issues and that if a candidate doesn't at least state that he/she is pro-life that they will not vote for that candidate even if they agreed with them on every other issue. I respect those who vote that way. It just isn't the way that I determine whom I am going to vote for.

I hope that as brothers and sisters in Christ that we can move beyond the divisiveness of elections and work shoulder to shoulder on individual issues where we find agreement, such as abortion.

17. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Can anyone say "sickening"? You just said "I understand this man wants to allow people to murder their children whenever they want to, and Has publicly stated it is his top priority, but I have to consider their polices on Union labor..."

Hitler had some excellent economic policies.

18. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'll say it - sickening!

19. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Done!:thumbs:

20. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Ken...Your logic is a real piece of work.

You voted the guy in now live with the consequences...or you can deny them with your petition. Perhaps you can sleep better at night...although I'm not sure how you can come to such a conclusion.

Who has more power your petition or the man you helped elect into office...Obama... Really your vote speaks your conscience. Your a day late and a dollar short...