1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Film - Sodom and Gomorrah

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Diggin in da Word, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

And a 13 year old is an adult? Give me a break...

It is an adult film, yet a child of 13 can watch it? And by the way, if there is any cursing in it whatsoever, it is unfit for any Christian. If there is even the implication of sexual content, guess what??

It is not fit for a Christian to watch.

Colossians 3:2 2

How can one call a movie a Christian movie when one puts any amount of cursewords in it?

How can one who is a Christian justify making a movie about a lifestyle that is an abomination when the Bible clearly states:

2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Wow, for someone WHO HAS NEVER SEEN THE MOVIE, you have an awfully strong opinion.

Just wondering.... Can you read? I SAID IT WAS AN ADULT FILM FOR ADULTS. PG-13 is a rating, by no means does it mean I think a 13 year old should see the movie. It would be rated PG-13 because there is no nudity and no cursing, but contain adult topics and themes. The MPAA will make that determination, besides PG-13- "Parents Strongly Cautioned".

As for the cursing... When ANYONE makes a film there are bound to be quite a few takes of any one scene. I said in some of the takes there was cursing, not that we put cursing in the film.

The film is a story about the human condition and how we act and react to each other when religion and politics are involved. Even more so the film explores how sin can destroy not only the sinner, but those closest to the sinner. If nothing else the film is a vehicle for distributing the Gospel message and the power of God's love and forgiveness. It is a real story. It is an emotional story. It is a story of sin and redemption.

Did you actually watch the trailer?

#2 Filmproducer, Oct 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2006
  3. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

More insight into why we chose to do this film. we feel it is a story that needs to be told, whether you agree with us or not. This is taken from the MY BELIEFS section of the film's messageboard, and it was written in response to the myriad of hate mail we receive on a daily basis.

4. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

I can read.

As I said, how can a Christian justify making a movie that depicts such sin as that which is an abomination in God's eyes? The Word of God says

Ephesians 5:12 12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

I do know what PG-13 is... It allows more than a PG movie (which is a questionable rating in itself). A PG-13 film is one which goes beyond the boundaries of the PG rating in violence, nudity, sensuality, language, or other contents, but does not quite cross the line of the R rating.

Again, how can a Christian justify making a film that depicts that which the Word of God says it is a shame to even speak of?

5. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

In a nutshell. It is my prayer that this film will create a dialogue where people actually listen to one another rather than hurl insults and protest each other. I for one am not concerned with a person's sexuality. I am concerned with whether they have access to God. I don't want people to be so turned off by religion that they choose not to have a relationship with God.The only thing God hates is sin. He hates it when I lie or when I act out of anger because he knows that those actions alienate me from him and hurt our relationship. Similiar to all the negative things that strain our human relationships. This is a real story, something that actually happens. Why not do a movie on it, one that shows what true hope is? One that shows that God is the only answer?

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Unfortunately, I've known of various couples (and families) destroyed by adulterous affairs. Some couples were Christians, some were not. Some affairs were hetero, some were not. I know at least three situations where husbands left their wives and families for other men. Sad, but true.

Unfortunately, life is not G-rated. Sometimes really, really bad things happen. We cannot put our heads in the sand and pretend that these things just don't happen. They do.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only true hope for the healing of individuals and the world. It seems that your movie is expressing this very thing.

God's best to you and your husband as you get this movie finalized

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Hard to imagine giving a true relfection of Sodom and Gomorrah for children.

8. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Thank you Friend of Spurgeon. We also know of couples who lives have been forever changed because of this. The film shows what happens to a family that is out of the realm of what God intended for a man and a woman. When Mr. Gooden leaves his family to start an adulterous relationship we see how it negatively affects his family. It is a dramatic portrayal of our society and how we treat one another. We all have our burdens and are afflicted by something, but those are issues that God will deal with. I believe the film will prompt honest discussions rather than arguments. More importantly the film shows that the only answer is God.

LeBuick, I am not sure I understand your comment. Would you care to explain what you meant?

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'm saying the topic is an adult topic so why would they expect a children's film?

This story contains the true example of wickedness. All the men of the town came to "know" the angels. It is in the Bible and a story the Lord was us to learn and benefit from. I applaud you for taking on the project.

10. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I couldn't agree with you more. When we took on the project we knew it was not a movie for children. We never intended it to be. It is a movie with adult themes and adult subject matter, but it is still biblically based and appropriate for Christians.

11. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

I finally saw the link yesterday. When will it be out?

12. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Originally it was to be released this fall, but due to some unforseen circumstances we have had to delay the release. We are still in the final stages of post production, and hope to have things finalized by the first of the year. Keep us in your prayers! :praying:

:godisgood:

13. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Perhaps the topic is even more relevant given today's news out of Colorado. Very sad.