1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Final Accounting

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by just-want-peace, Mar 4, 2009.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DeafPosttrib wrote in another thread,
    This statement hit me square in the forehead, cause I sometimes tend to think (?:laugh:) that when we get to Heaven I will observe Jesus telling OTHERS(!?) that "--JWP had it right, you should have listened to him!"

Then He smacks me upside my head and I am reminded of so many things that I have gotten/done wrong in this life and I can hear Him say, " JWP, you score somewhere between awful and pitiful on getting it right, but welcome home anyway!":godisgood::jesus:

The longer I live, barring some divine revelation, the more I believe WHAT I BELIEVE, but knowing full well that I am so far from CORRECT that it's only by His mercy that I'll make it through the front door!!

No problem believing very strongly what you do believe, but just be careful to be adamant only with what He is adamant about.

My & your stubbornness just may come back to bite us when we get HOME!!!!!

MARANATHA

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I thought this was a discussion on FASB. Sorry.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what you're trying to say. We get it wrong sometimes and we can only be certain on his grace for our eternity therefore we shouldn't be as dogmatic as we sometimes are?