1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finally the truth about the KJB

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Isn't the reason for this obvious? You speak English. If you spoke You ask for a definition of a Greek word. What language do you want him to give it to you in?? Of course, he will give it in English. That seem really obvious ... </font>[/QUOTE]Man! I was beginning to think you were never going to catch on!

Did the KJB translators need to give a full doctrinal exegesis on every word of the Bible to satisfy your want of explanation?

I'll admit this for your satisfaction; without a dictionary relating to the exact words used in the MSS of ther Koine Greek and the Masoretic Hebrew translated into English, none of us English speaking people would understand the word of God. Now, how does that grab ya? I keep telling you people your arguements are fruitless.

2. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that place... and many of the "converts" there are likely not saved. They employ a brand of easy-believism.

It is associated with King's Way in Douglasville. The pastor there is a disciple of Jack Hyles and left Michigan after a scandal involving sexual child abuse by some of his bus captains. I visited King's Way awhile back and heard the pastor claim several thousand conversions within the previous year. I looked around and saw maybe 500 on Sunday morning plus a couple of hundred kids in children's church.

If thousands were being genuinely saved... where were they?

I took a young man to the Rescue Mission once. He was working but due to his habits had lost his car and apartment. They "saved" and baptized him within a couple of days. Within a few weeks, they put him out of the mission and never discipled him at all. He didn't leave with a desire to find God's will or way. The last I knew of him, he was in a treatment facility for alcohol and drug abuse. The biggest change in this man's life is probably that he is now innoculated against the true gospel.

Just because some people can count heads does not mean that people are being saved or discipled.

I post this info only because you seem to be intent on impugning everyone who does not agree with you by whatever means available. True or untrue, it seems not to matter to you at all. You have absolutely no idea how many people are being won to Christ through the works of those you condemn above. Nor do you have any idea how many people have gone through Atlanta Baptist Rescue Mission and come out with a false profession or hope.

3. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

I love the way you people promote yourselves.
    PastorKR-"Huh? Merely stating a fact."
    Did you know King James only appointed the 50+ men to do the work and your allusions to King James are only propigating the gossip about the monarchs of Great Britain?

O.K., so you people have an ought against King James, even "Winnie", so let's just call the AV 1611 The Holy Bible and get over it. [​IMG]
    I suppose you could go ask the witch of Endor?
    Got any credible resource or just "hearesy"? Did you know westcott and hort didn't believe the Bible? :D
    </font>[/QUOTE]History of English Speaking Peoples Vol 2 page 160 reads where W. Churchill stated, "James was much addicted to favourites, and his attention to handsome young men resulted in a noticeable loss of respect for the monarchy."

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

So? Does this tidbit of gossip defame the Av 1611 KJB in any way? NO! "James" is not the Bible to begin.

5. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Please note by my previous post that I am not attacking the Version that bears the name of King James, any more than if I loved the NASV because it has "American" in its title. History tells us about the moral character of King James, his torture of Baptists (he said he wanted to "Harrow the Baptists out of England"), marrying off his children to Catholics, etc.
    The Puritans (many) rejected the AV because it was named for a king with ill repute. Hey, they were Puritans !
    ...this is simply not gossip but historically accurate, and I am in agreement that this in no way affects the venerable translation which bears his name.

6. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Sort of like if someone today published a "President Clinton Version"? [​IMG] Maybe someone should, and we'll check back in 400 years to see if there are any PCV-onlyists. :D

7. Precepts

Precepts New Member

No. You're lying to the degree of why you posted this info and it is laiden with gossip. I will go and preach the Gospel to as many will hear. I am in no way responsible for their salvation, I am only going to fill in for another preacher whose church is having a revival this week. As far as the allegations about the man and the church has absolutely NOTHING to do with me preaching Jesus Christ, Him crucified,buried and risen again on the third and Glorious day, ascended to be at the Right hand of the Father.

As far as your "example" is concerned, the falling away and the seed landing on stony ground and in the midst of briars is not much good, there is NOTHING wrong with the seed my friend.

Let me say this and be perfectly clear. This "easy believism, 1,2,3, repeat after me" is NOT totally error. Now wait a minute! Salvation is NOT in a prayer! If a man is truly convicted for sin, CONVERTED from sin, then the fruit will show, the transition may take time, but there is NO FALLING FROM GRACE!

I have NEVER been involved in the "#'s" game and NEVER will! Just let me add this while I'm at it. I will go into a liquor store and hand out Gospel tracts and leave them on the counter with the permission of the clerk and I don't really care what you or anybody else thinks! The Lord willing, I will go to ACBRM tomorrow night with love and compassion for lost sinners, Preach the Gospel and let God do the rest! You know what? If this is true about what you said in reference to "EB, 123,RAM" then I won't have to answer to God for even the first soul duped into believing repeating a prayer is what saves them! I will not let you or any bit of gossip prevent me from preaching the Gospel. As a matter of fact, if the Lord so leads, I just may get kicked out of the mission for saying something against the "EB 123, RAM", long before the invitation. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

Here's my outline for tomorrow night if the Lord so continues to lead

II Chronicles 33 The Life of a 12 Year Old King

Age of 12
    Son of king Hezekiah

a godly king

Attitude of rebellion

Similarities to Prodigal son

Affliction of sin

Sentenced to die in captivity

Awareness of condition

A Sinner in need of
    salvation
    Almighty's mercy

The Saviour's way of escape
    from sin's prison

Attitude of repentence

Sorrow towards God for sin

Acquiring of God's Provision

Saving Grace

Se any "easy believism, 1,2,3, repeat after me" number boasting anywhere? No, and you WON'T !

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Since they were not being guided by the Holy Spirit to produce a perfect English translation, the question is moot.

There is no English translation that is a perfect translation. Not the KJV, not the NIV, not the Geneve, not the Tyndale, not the NASB, etc etc. Why? Because English Bibles are not the word of God. They are translations of the Word of God.

9. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Since they were not being guided by the Holy Spirit to produce a perfect English translation, the question is moot.

There is no English translation that is a perfect translation. Not the KJV, not the NIV, not the Geneve, not the Tyndale, not the NASB, etc etc. Why? Because English Bibles are not the word of God. They are translations of the Word of God.
    </font>[/QUOTE]And where did that logic come from? Why Southern California! Aren't we amazed! :rolleyes:

10. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Sort of like if someone today published a "President Clinton Version"? [​IMG] Maybe someone should, and we'll check back in 400 years to see if there are any PCV-onlyists. :D </font>[/QUOTE]I don't understand your logic, and you voted for him! Of course really whether you did or not your logic is perverted. But if you were around 400 years from now, the AV 1611 KJB would still be the best and you would be propigating the clinton book just because you hate King James, some on might get the impression you hate the Bible! :D

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

And where did that logic come from? Why Southern California! Aren't we amazed! :rolleyes: </font>[/QUOTE]That's the best comeback you can come up with? "he's from SoCal, so he must be wrong"? Your arrogance reflects your ignorance. Do you really think that everyone, even other KJVO's reading this are oblivious to your infantile tripe? Pardon me for being biblically educated, which, clearly, you are not. Perhaps if you addressed the issue, rather than act like a baby who needs his diapers changed, you'd be taken more seriously.

12. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Imagine if you were from England, or Queens, NYC :eek:

13. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

The Word of God is not preserved in any language, and that includes the original Greek and Hebrew of our Bibles.

The Word of God is Preserved by God Himself, He is His Word, and His Word is truth. The truth of His word exists outside and apart from any human language that might try to express it.

14. Precepts

Precepts New Member

If you were to vist John in Sanfrancisco I could see yall holding hands, but if he were to visit you in Queens, I can almost see you beating him up! The only problem I have is whether you would try to hold my hand or beat me up? :D

15. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Proverbs 14:17 He that is soon angry dealeth foolishly: and a man of wicked devices is hated.

Ah! What an expression of I Corinthians 13 we see John spouting here? [​IMG] ;)

16. Precepts

Precepts New Member

The Word of God is Preserved by God Himself, He is His Word, and His Word is truth. The truth of His word exists outside and apart from any human language that might try to express it. </font>[/QUOTE]With a belief like that I will question your salvation. How did you ever get saved if that's what you believe? How did you ver hear the preaching of the Gospel so you could be saved?

See what propigating mv's does to people?

17. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You clearly have no sense of direction either. San Francisco is in Northern California. I'm in Southern California. To be specific, I'm in Orange County, know by some liberal folks as the "Orange Curtain" for its conservative atmosphere. But since youprefer to stereotype people, rather than look in their hearts, I'm not surprised by your abundant display of ignorance.

BTW, I hold hands with men at least one a week: in my men's Bible Study. If you were in my Bible study, I'd hold your hand, too. So lighten up with the geographic bigotry.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Worshipping the Bible is not a prerequisite for salvation.

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm not angry at you. I am, however, holding you responsible for your unrighetous attitude, as any Christian brother would towards another.

20. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Worshipping the Bible is not a prerequisite for salvation. </font>[/QUOTE]No, but hearing preaching of the Word of God is!