1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finally the truth about the KJB

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

If you came to Qns, I'd say, "Welcome to NY!Let's reach out to some of the 8M souls here! Then I'd show you Ground Zero, Empire State Bldg, Harlem,Central Pk, Grand Central Station, and tourist sites", ad infintum [​IMG] If you wanna take your KJV, and do some street preaching in Times Square, I'll take you there and you can let'er rip! :D

2. Precepts

Precepts New Member

There it is!

3. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

I couldn't care less who questions my salvation. I'm not affected by your doubts in any way. However, one would have to employ lingual gymnastics to not believe his faith was being questioned by that statement.

I'm not interested in engaging in a game of semantics however. I'm more than willing to accept your statement as a miscommunication of intent. Unfortunately, we have once again illustrated the limitations of human language.

4. Precepts

Precepts New Member

No Charles. I said "would" question as in "will question if"

As far as the rest of your post: Ditto.

5. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

There it is! </font>[/QUOTE]There's nothing insulting about that statement whatsoever. Perhaps you could explain how the verse relates?

You initially stated that my beliefs WILL cause you to question my Salvation and then connected that with the statement: "See what propigating mv's does to people?"

My statement was aggressive but certainly not hurtful, or spiteful, or insulting.

6. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

QS,

W I L L. Looks like "will" to me!

And seriously, all you have to say is, "ditto"?

Now I'm all for debate, but I really think you could tone it down some. Remember, people are watching YOU every day!!! They need to see Christ in you. Just because you feel that what you're saying is CORRECT does not give you carte blanche to make your words strident and prideful.

Remember the fruits of the Spirit!!!!!

SERIOUSLY. [​IMG]

7. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Precisely it's singular "Fruit of the Spirit" ;) However, nine-fold [​IMG]

8. Precepts

Precepts New Member

Uh-oh, you caught me, I used the opposite word. Shame on me for such imperfections!
    Now that's debatable. Hey Travelsong? Larry's got a bone to pick with you!
    I love the way you make yourself the final authority spouting your opinion. Guess what? I've got an opinion too!
    He also said there was a time when men did that which is right in their own eyes.
    Show me from the Bible, use your favorite.
    You said something hypothetical then and that is telling untruth, uh, using it deceptively to make a point is lying.

For give me, I'll never be as educated as you, larry you're too practiced and I have met my match. I only related what the Lord has shown me and now you have made Him and myself the liars. Good job. Congratulations are in order. I also congratulate you myself for the elevated state you've attained above so many before you. You have less than what the KJB translators had and some how are able to make more of what has been proven time and time again to be maligned and not in agreement. Also you are quite practiced in using s very tool of slight to turnn the tables on another to make yourself lokok rather pious and myself look rather lowly in mind. [​IMG]

9. Precepts

Precepts New Member

DITTO

10. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Precepts

Precepts New Member

O.K., crucify me, I meant "would" and I said "will" but the rest of my post in the paragraph shows that and you people know it. Your malice is well noted. [​IMG] for my grave when you're through.

12. Travelsong

Travelsong Guest

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is going nowhere. I am closing this thread. We have two different sides and no one is giving light, just heat.

[ February 03, 2004, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]