1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finding a Baptist woman to date...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by workinprogress, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Citizens arrest

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Witness to the facts

3. Godspeaks2me

Godspeaks2me New Member

So now the thread you both where so eagerly wanting to keep on topic after you took it off topic is being digressed to off topic one liners. Motives?

4. workinprogress

workinprogress New Member

Woah!

I would never consider a victim of abuse as not worthy. I would also be open to someone that made some mistakes if they were sincere about it and changed their ways.

I knew that would be a touchy subject. Sorry for bringing it up.

I'll keep you all up to date on how things go. :)

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

I'm going to give you the strangest advice of all.

If you are interested in a woman, act the opposite.

Now, before folks go off on me, let me ask you this, who was the cool guy in school that drove all the girls crazy? Wasn't it the guy who acted like he just didn't care?

Folks are attracted to what they can't have.

Turn the tables on this girl you fancy. Act like you do not care that she is not interested in you. You might be surprised at the results.

6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

1. You are in a non-debate section, debating. Just because others break rules does not give you the right to break rules. If your neighbor cheats on his wife, is your wife going to allow you the same because others are doing it?

2. The fact you refer to Godly women as "babes" gives a pretty good indication of how you feel about women in general.

3. You are arrogant, rude, and condescending in your responses.

4. You are hypocritical. You call others out and claim you are debating, yet when others call you out you complain they are not moderators and should leave you alone.

5. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not strange advice at all. People have done that forever - just don't be TOO aloof.

It works sometimes and sometimes not. It depends on how much the person you are interested in enjoys a pursuit. Some do and some don't.

8. workinprogress

As much as I appreciate the advice, and as much as I wish I could win this woman's heart, what will be will be.

I couldn't bring myself to treat her with anything other than the respect she deserves as an amazing, kind woman that was integral in God's plan for my salvation.

It brings me joy to be around her, she knows that now, and to hide it would be in vain. I'll seek her advice as I pursue other women, in that sense I won't seem interested in her, but beyond that I'm still going to open doors for her, make her smile, and speak nothing that would be contrary to bringing her happiness because the truth is I can genuinely say that her happiness is more important to me than my own right now.

Like I said before, I left the door open for her if she ever feels a change in her heart, and I know she's smart enough to figure that that possible change is consistently a part of my prayers.

On that note, since my affection has been made known she has been responding to my texts a lot faster and today she was in great spirits when we are together...so you never know. :)

9. Winman

Winman Active Member

I did not say treat her with disrespect, I am saying that you should not show such strong interest. And in doing so, you will feel better about yourself.

Can you remember back in High School you would see that girl pouring her eyes out because her boyfriend had dumped her? Did this make her more attractive to her ex-boyfriend? NO, if anything it would drive him farther away. No one likes someone who is NEEDY.

But what if the girl had acted like she was perfectly fine with the boyfriend dumping her? How would that affect the boyfriend? He would think, Hey, what's going on? She's doesn't even care if I dumped her? How come? Does she have another boyfriend already?

And that my friend, makes the girl ATTRACTIVE.

And not only that, but you will feel a little better about yourself. Even though you have been rejected, if you act like you are OK with it, you will actually feel better. You will say, "You know, it's OK! I can handle this. She's not the only fish in the sea!"

Just give it a try my friend. I am not telling you to be fake or anything like that. But hold your head up and tell yourself it's OK. She will notice. Trust me.

#29 Winman, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  10. workinprogress

Gotcha. That's pretty much what I'm doing. I'm not showing that it has me down at all. :)

On a side note, isn't it interesting how you can fall in love with a person's persona? By classical definitions she's not beautiful at all (fleshy nose, teeth out of alignment, etc.) yet she's the most beautiful woman in the world to me and I'd take her over any model.