1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finding PhD dissertations

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Humblesmith, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, all you scholarly researchers out there, I have a research question. Maybe I should already know this, but I don't.

I need to find and read a PhD dissertation. I seem to remember being told that they are available from some online research sources, but I don't know where they are or how to use them. How do I find a PhD dissertation?

The one I'm looking for is "Aquinas on Romans 9-11" by Steven C. Boguslawski, from Yale.

Can anyone tell me how to find this?

Thanks in advance

2. Fred Moritz

Fred Moritz New Member

Dissertation

The last I knew the service where theses are archived is called TREN, but I do not remember what the acronym stands for. You might try a Google search on it. You might also contact the library of a nearby college or university. I am sure they could tell you how to access the information for which you are looking.

Fred Moritz

3. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

You could try to get it through ILL, but libraries typically won't loan bound dissertations to you, but besides Yale, the University of Virginia, and Saint Johns Seminary have it so you can contact them for info. If you REALLY need it, you can also contact UMI for a copy but it'll cost money.

However, you're in luck. He has contributed to this book, which you should be able to get via ILL from many places. My suspicion is the fruit of his dissertation is in his contribution to this book. Besides being published like this (by Brazos) is an indication that his argument is at least worth something, but you'll have to check it out to see for sure.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] [FONT=Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica]Reading Romans through the centuries :[/FONT]
    from the early church to Karl Barth / Jeffrey P Greenman; Timothy Larsen
    2005 English [​IMG] Book [​IMG] Internet Resource 223 p. ; 23 cm.
    Grand Rapids, Mich. : Brazos Press, ; ISBN: 1587431564 (pbk.)
    [/FONT]
    BJ

(I got this from a 5 second search on worldcat; with a name like that worldcat is the first search you should do)

#3 Brandon C. Jones, Feb 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2007
  4. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

dissertations

TREN is the Theological Research and Exchange Network. Robert Jones is the director. If he doesn't have it, he can likely tell you how you can get it. I've spoken to him before. He's a nice guy.

www.TREN.com

Tom

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Send me a message with your Email address and I will send you a screen shot in jpeg format. The file is 76 KB. I cannot upload it on BB because the file is too large.