1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finding your gift

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Mickey, May 24, 2005.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member

1st Corinthians CH 7 verse 7

"Yet I wish all men were even as I myself am. However each man has a gift of his own from God, one in this manner, and another in that."

My pastor talks alot of ones spiritual gift. What the Lord has given us that is unquie in each of us.

You may be blessed with the gift of music, or teaching, maybe you are in the medical field and have the gift to help the sick. Whether you build houses, work in communications, or have a niche for being a good listener for family or friends, we all have a gift.

I challange all who reads this, Pray that the Lord will reveal your gift to you. Look within yourself and find what talent God has given you that you can use to glorify his name with someone else.

For the longest time, I had no idea what mine was. Not to long ago, I was talking to my wife, and we were talking about this. I told her that I have searched and searched, but kept coming up blank. She told me that it was so obvious. She said she sees it everyday. She said "It"s you Mickey, it's your personallity". She said look at how people react to you. You have wonderful people skills, and if you would have used it for the right reasons, instead of the wrong reasons, you would be a lot happier today.

My point is that your spititual gift may be something you would never expect. And if you can't find it, pray about it, and ask those who are close to you about it. If you use what the Lord has given you to glorify him, you will be blessed.

God has given us the materials, we just have to build the temple............

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Mickey,

Thank you for sharing with us, and welcome to the Baptist Board! [​IMG]

I pray that we will be a blessing to you, and you to us.

[​IMG]

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aummm, you might want to check the context of that ref. :)

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think that the gift of encouraging others is something that we do not have enough of in the churches, may He bless you in your ministry Mickey! [​IMG]

5. FrankBetz

FrankBetz Guest

Once you have determined your gift, to be a balanced Christian, you should work on the areas you are slack in and develope them further!

To be gifted doesn't require much effort in that particular area, but one should be more concerned about the fruits of the Spirit instead, afterall, it is the Lord we are to magnify by our lives and that is expressed by our outward man towards others. It is also what the "outside" world uses to judge our walk with the LOrd. It is of the utmost importance what the world thinks about children of God rather than what other church members think our spiritual gift is.

If one isn't necessarilly gifted as an encourager, then that person NEEDS to work and pray for further developement in that specific area. It isn't "our" ministry, but the ministering of the Holy Spirit through us.

6. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

You wrote: My point is that your spititual gift may be something you would never expect.

I wanted to say, AMEN. [​IMG]

Remember, Moses protested when he was called to deliver the Israelites from bondage. He wasn't good a speaking, he wasn't popular with Pharoah's court, and he had committed murder.

7. FrankBetz

FrankBetz Guest

You mean like God doesn't let some one know what they are good at? :rolleyes: