1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Are you really trying to say that the fire that God rained on the cities was the eternal fire Jude speaks of? You cannot be serious...

The word here has only one meaning - eternal/everlasting. It's not aion like you try to say in other places only means an age. It's even used to describe God himself (Rom 16:26). Clearly not temporary.

And regarding Ezekiel. That is a problem for you not me. If the eternal fire in Jude is only correction as you believe, then the city couldn't return to its "FORMER ESTATE" since God's purpose of purification wasn't accomplished. However, what is really happening is that the inhabitants now suffer eternal fire, but according to the prophet here the land and cities would again be established "TO THEIR FORMER ESTATE" (A place of prominence politically, not some spiritual purified state) to shame Israel who had apostatized.

You really think that every scholar and theologian who has translated this verse and others like it is total wrong? 1900 years of Christian teaching totally wrong?

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

their are Baptists that believe what I believe and also Baptists that believe the preterist view also friend

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

do you still think its literal fire??? God is a consuming fire???
    Did God burn in your inwards when dealing with you--Fire
    Did it correct you and bring Repentance ? the purpose of it

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

those who reject him in this life will suffer the most severe form of God's Fire and working

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Believe what you will friend to keep holding onto a false tradition--you twist scriptures around to keep your tradition alive instead of seeing the truth.

Blessings to you friend :flower::flower::flower:

6. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Of course fire isn't real, them fish just cooked themselves. Peter warmed his hands over a fake fire and just WISHED his hands would warm up.

In 2 Thess 1:8, "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God",
    the word for fire in this verse (as well as the other NT passages I've sited) is πῦρ. It is the same root where you get your English word for "pyromania" "pyrotechnics".

A pyromaniac is a person that is obsessed with fire. There's never been an arsonist convicted of setting a figurative fire.

7. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Really???

You have no way to counter my argument. The Scriptures are against you. History is against you. Tradition is against you. What do you do? Instead of considering that perhaps you are mistaken (like a normal person would) you stick your fingers in your ears and say, "NA NA NA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!".

If you could post any scripture to support your false teaching then I would consider it. I have already actually. But you have none. You have no argument, only your emotion and humanism to prop you up. I will pray that you repent and come to the knowledge of the truth.

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

why should I even try you will twist the scriptures I give every time--to make them out to fit your view.

9. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

HisWitness.

Do you believe that Jesus died on a real cross, or was it a stake?

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

here again according to your view it might appear as right.

But the view I hold is not the one you do.

11. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

I twist scripture? I don't know why I am even trying to continue this debate....

I'm not the one trying to twist the word "eternal" into something else...

I'm not the one trying to twist the word "vengeance" into something else...

I'm not the one trying to twist the word "punishment" into something else...

You have been buried beneath a mountain of scripture, evidence, and logic that proves you wrong. :tonofbricks:

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

okie dokie :praying::praying::praying:

13. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

That's an understatement.

You still didn't answer the question. Did Jesus die on a real cross or was what He was nailed to something other than a literal cross.