First Senior Pastorate!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Havensdad, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Havensdad

Havensdad
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this is the place for this...I have just accepted a call to my first Senior Pastorate position. Very excited!

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2
    Expand Collapse

For You....

:praying:Father, I pray for my brother and his family as they embark on this tremendous journey to serve and lift you up. I pray for Your complete and unconditional favor, protection, wisdom, blood covering, and blessing as my brother takes on his first lead pastor/shepherd assignment.

Guide his every thought, vision, opinion, action, question, prayer, message, and decisions.

I ask for Your full and complete blessing, in Jesus's name, Amen!
    :praying:

Congratulation's brother. I have every confidence (from what I've read coming off your fingertips) in your ability to be a fantastic pastor and shepherd. You are but a cyber note away from a lot of folks that love and support you, so don't be afraid to let us know what you need, when you need it, and how we can further assist you in prayer and wisdom (advice).

I am excited for you, as I remember all too well my first Senior Pastorate. I rejoice with you, and my thoughts and prayers will be for your success.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations! Praying for God's blessing on your ministry and the church!

I remember the first leadership meeting when I became pastor. After sitting in those meetings as a staff guy who would in meetings be supportive of the pastor, I was now in the lead position. The chair of the committee looked at me and said, "What do you think we should do, Pastor?" It was a sobering moment.

Follow the Lord and love your people!

4. Ruiz

Ruiz
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations! The best advise I was given in my first pastorate, "In each and every sermon, work to show different ways that Jesus is wonderful and should be worshipped." He said, before you do anything major, focus them on Jesus each and every week.

5. annsni

annsni
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Administrator

Congratulations!!!

6. following-Him

following-Him
    Expand Collapse

Congratulations. That is wonderful news!