1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Five Articles of Remonstrance

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by FR7 Baptist, Mar 10, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I wanted to post this for discussion and because there are many of our Calvinist brethren on here who distort/ don't understand what Arminians actually believe. I should point out that while I consider myself an Arminian, I do accept Perseverance of the Saints.

2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for posting this. When I had first read this a while back I was struck with how, well, "Calvinistic" some of it sounded. I bet that if you quoted parts of this to others, not showing the source, they might think you were foisting a bit of centuries-old "Calvinry" off on them!

Just as there as a real wide variation among Arminians (if I may use the term loosely) so is there among Calvinistics.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you whole-heartedly accept the first four Articles?

4. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Yes, I do. I also agree with the fifth in that if it were possible for a true believer to lose faith, such a person would not be saved. However, because it is impossible for a true believer to lose faith, that is hypothetical.

5. drfuss

drfuss New Member

So your definition of a true believer is one who does not lose faith. Then there is some doubt about if you are a true believer until it is demonstrated that you did not lose faith. Is that right?