Fix it, please

Discussion in 'Member Questions, Feedback & Suggestions' started by EdSutton, Jul 20, 2006.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton
    Expand Collapse

How about fixing this piece of crap? I'm tired as H*E*Double hockey sticks of the computer being shut down if I hit the back button faster than this piece of juhnk can completely reload so as not to inject this "technical problem" into the running and automatically close not only the BB but Firefox. I'm also not particularly impressed by one on another thread that suggests I need to "upgrade" my own system. I did not need to "upgrade" before the BB downgraded!

Ed

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

easy my friend. :)

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher
    Expand Collapse

Ed, can you tell us how you really feel?

Kidding aside, I haven't had the difficulties that you are describing. Sometimes the BB is sloe, and sometines the pages time out, but it doesn't shut down on me or shut down my computer. Maybe there's some adjustments needed on your computer - just a suggestion.

4. mcdirector

mcdirector
    Expand Collapse

:tongue3:

I haven't had these problems either. I'm sorry that you are.

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ed, it is a big conspiracy against all Kentucky fans :)

Hang in there, I'm sure it will get better.

6. TaterTot

TaterTot
    Expand Collapse

I havent had those issues either. I am sure it will get all ironed out. It's still worth it to me, I still kinda like hangin' around.

7. webdog

webdog
    Expand Collapse

Ed...I think you need to upgrade...JK. :laugh:

8. El_Guero

El_Guero
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I don't normally consult anymore, but, it does sound like you are having a fire fox problem - I uninstalled fire fox and told them in their survey that if all they could do was progam a MSoftian alternatve to IE, they were wasting everyone's time.

If explorer is causing you problems, have you tried Netscape?

I know that I have issues with the new BB and what seems to be java type functioning (I know they are using PHP on their end). But, I think my problem is a compatibility issue between norton AV and ZA firewall. I don't like how either of them work - so I don't want to UPGRADE to fix THEIR problems.

Let me know if netscape helps.

Now take a breath and relax. We have ways of fixing your problems . . . ;)

9. EdSutton

EdSutton
    Expand Collapse

"Ed, can you tell us how you really feel?"

It's very hard there preacher, given my ultra-shy demeamor. :smilewinkgrin:

Ed

10. EdSutton

EdSutton
    Expand Collapse

The point is this did not happen before the BB "downgrade". Now it does. Nothing changed here, and I don't have this on any other site or doing anything else. So, what changed? I ain't a rocket scientist, but I sure can figure that one out. BTW, I consider the diminishing of smiley 'emoticons' from eight to four in a post, nad the eliminating of several about the same level of UP-grade- Now, it's half as good as before.:tear:

Ed

11. Bear

Bear
    Expand Collapse

Hey PastorSBC, "Show Me" this conspiracy against Kentucky fans!:tongue3:

12. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

:laugh: :thumbsup:

13. El_Guero

El_Guero
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ed,

I asked you real questions.

While you did not notice, the last 2 days several major sites have experienced major through-put issues from their sites.

The BaptistBoard was just one of several.

Whose fault? I really quit caring about fault and blame games when I quit cashing the pay checks. It takes alot of money for me to care about someone complaining.

I no longer consult, because I got tired of the complaining.

14. EdSutton

EdSutton
    Expand Collapse

El Guero, I appreciate the suggestion. But like you, I don't want to have to do something to fix someone else's 'glitch', not that I would be capable in the first place.

With all due respect, I see only one "real querstion", namely, "have I tried Netscape?" The answer to that one is "No, I have not tried Netscape."

I can hit "Back" and wait a couple of seconds, and when the previous page comes up, hit it again and again, allowing the page to come up each time, with no problems. This only occurs when I hit back two or more times in sucession, to return back a few pages, say to get back to page three from page eight on a thread. This did not happen with the old format. This is also not just arisen in the last two or three days, but has happened since day one on this new format. As I said before, we did not change anything. Ergo, who did? There is not a long list for this.

FTR, my wife, the computer person around here, installed Mozilla, when we got DSL, and that was a year and a half ago. Only the BB format has given any problems in this regard. I've even tried to 'fast click' "Back" on other sites to see if it happens. It does not. Thanks for the advice, anyway, but it does not seem to answer the question I had.

In His grace,

Ed

15. El_Guero

El_Guero
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ed,

I regularly get billed out at over 80 an hour. 2 hour minimum.

;) Send me your address . . . I'll go easier on you than you did on the board's webmaster.

Wayne

PS the reduction in emoticons was to reduce work load and speed up the response times. You want it faster, and you want to complain about it.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick
    Expand Collapse

Patience... It's coming to a theatre near you.

17. AndrewT

AndrewT
    Expand Collapse
    <b>Webmaster</b>

Really isn't necessary...

This was really not necessary, no matter how frustrated you are. I have tried to be helpful, and have never turned anyone down.

The old board was just that, it was old, outdated, and no longer supported by the manufacturer. The software we know are using is the top of the line forum software.

I to use FF for my browsing, and I experience 0 problems. I currently am using FF 1.5.0.4 which is the latest version of FF. You need to upgrade your FF as the upgrades fix reported bugs, and security holes.