1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Flashing headlights to warn of police

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Two tickets in my life - one was my fault, many moons ago, long gone so not on my record. The other was the day after I'd had a verbal discussion with an officer. LOL That one wasn't deserved, and never was on my record.

I did *almost* get one for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign. It was very snowy and my car slid through it. The officer pulled me over to ticket me and when he did, he slid through the same stop sign when he came through it...so he let me off on that one. LOL He just made me show proof of insurance.

2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Flash my headlights? Give me a break. I'd have to ignore my last text and put my phone down.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

You mean there's not an app for that? Hold on, let me check. Gotta get around this crazy cabby first...

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

They probably do. They even have an app that tells you the best time to go to the restroom during a move.

http://runpee.com

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Explain this, if you don't mind. If it was a casual conversation with an officer and not during an actual traffic stop the ticket is not permissible. Just standing around talking to a police officer and saying something like "Oh, I speed on that road all the time" isn't a ticketable offense.

6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Like I said, I was out of state so it didn't hit my record. The fine was only like $100 at the time, so I waited until I got home and wrote a check. Easier than contesting it. I did notice he followed me for quite some time before pulling me over...easy money to hit the tourists up.

Of course I'm sure we've all heard about the East Texas police racket that stole money and valuables from innocent people.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now days - with computers and all - it probally does
    due to the Driver License Compact.

In addition, New York State has a reciprocal agreements with the Canadian Providences of Ontario and Quebec.

The Long Arm of the Law........

8. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I'm lined up with you, Rev----I don't flash my headlights to warn of the PO-PO, neither!!!

Around here in Alabama----if there's a Highway Patrol roadblock---99.9999999% of the time---the PO-PO is lookin' for someone---usually a fugitive from the law!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Big Thumbs Up!!

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in Florida just after Christmas and saw signs "$200 fine for running red lights", noticed the cameras at the intersection....and then ran a yellow light that lasted about 0.5 seconds. Waiting for the ticket to come in the mail, but so far, I'm golden.

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The officer was upset with me the day before. I believe he was actively seeking out my vehicle the next day and had planned to ticket me no matter what.

Long story, but it's not as bad as it sounds. Everyone has a bad day. They were looking at budget cuts, he was likely on edge, and lots more other side issues were going on.

#31 Gina B, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
  12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I agree with the judge. I believe I have flashed my lights in the past but would not do it now!