1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fleeing from Sexual immorality

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 9, 2012.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Jaigner, I can only assume that you are "feeling the love". :)

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Would you say that verse 23 is not connected to verse 22 ?? Are you saying it is only evil speaking? that should be abstained from for sure....I have always heard it used for sanctification of the whole man as in verse 23...because it says ......AND......

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we both traveled in business and we both rented a hotel and slept in different rooms, how would this be evil? Many people uses the Joseph story and take it completely out of context. Joseph would not stay with Potters wife when she wanted to seduce him to bed. If she did not try and seduce him, he had no problem being alone with her.

Once I had a job where I had to go into a dark location in a building and do some work with my female supervisor. I'm sure there are people that would falsely accuse me of having a sexual relationship with her, but I had no relationship as she was my boss and she already had a kid and a boyfriend.

John

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Possibly true. Everyone always thinks of Jaws when they swim in the ocean, and therefore we need to avoid swimming in the ocean.

To date I have no evidence that she is dangerous and we have chatted on the phone and video chat for several months and for many, many, many hours. If she is a deceiver she sure if a good one. Lately both of us having been studying a commentary on the Song of Songs. She has taught me stuff I did not know. She even purchased my study guide!

At this point I am not sure what I am going to do. I got both my tickets for pretty much free. I will still be job hunting next week as this can be done with a laptop these days. Yes there are those that will falsely accuse me of doing stuff while I am alone with my laptop, because I use it by myself in my room. What do I do on it? Several things. Emails, Facebook, message boards, job hunting, and listening to podcasts.

#64 evangelist6589, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
  5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Could you two perhaps be in love? :love2: :flower:

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes we are. But we both understand the sexual limitations. We both are committed to abiding by them. I dont see how this would be any different then when I worked at a certain job and had to sleep in the same house with a woman. Was that wrong? I had to abide by the employers rules.

If there was evidence that she was the sexual type then I would never do it. Once in 2009 I worked at the job and a woman really wanted me badly. She wanted to be my roommate, etc.. I turned her down COLD as she was the sexual type that liked to sleep with men. I wanted NOTHING TO DO with her and made that clear.

Sometimes I think Fundamentalists add their traditions to the scriptures rather than interpret them. Its like the movie theater issues. Many Fundamentalist are against them. Or what about women and pants? Many Fundamentalist think its a sin for a woman to wear pants to church. Thats TRADITION not Bible.

#66 evangelist6589, Jan 12, 2012
  7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I am gonna book the hotel. I want to make sure I am following Bible and not TRADITION. Fundamentalists add all kinds of traditions to the Bible.

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

One will justify almost anything if they are going to sin.

9. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

Hmmmm....

As long as you are following your own conscience in this matter, you are following the Bible. There is nothing in Scripture to condemn you in this matter otherwise.

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, this is no tradition.

However, you quote Dave Ramsey a lot and I can tell you what Dave would say. Do not book the room when you have no job, credit card debt and no way to pay for your room. You are committing to pay for something that you have no ability to pay. That is wrong.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would never go into a dark location with just one member of the opposite sex. If I did, I would bring another person along with me. Not only could I be falsely accused but they could as well and I would not want that to happen. My husband wouldn't even drive a young man alone to youth group so he took my son who was a year too young to attend - but he attended anyway just to be a chaperone. In this day and age, you need one accusation and you're done.

12. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Billy graham ALWAYS would travel with one of his male staff members, even when going into the Hotel room, as did not need to get 'surprised" by a female in waiting for him!

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The whole world is full of boogy monsters that want to rob and rape people it so seems. My goodness not everyone is out to get you!

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I dont agree with everything he says. I agree with him in principle only. He also suggests to young mothers to buy a beater and drive that over getting a reliable car on a car loan. Imagine that young mother driving that beater at night back home in the dark mountains. Imagine the safety issues one has to consider. Anyone who follows Ramsey to the T is not thinking straight.

I remember almost a year ago when my old car fried. Ramsey fans on his website were telling me not to get a car loan, but to take rides with female co-workers home until I could pay for one in cash. I gladly did not listen to their foolish advice and got a reliable car on a car loan. Car is paid off and it cost me $3,000.

#74 evangelist6589, Jan 12, 2012
  15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So it's convenient to listen to Dave when it's about not having a job because you're waiting on a job you want...but it's not convenient to listen to Dave about not putting yourself further in debt because you want to meet this girl.

That may not be correct, but that's how I'm seeing what you've written here. Please feel free to further clarify your position.

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not expecting anyone to rob and rape me - although when I'm out in the "world", I certainly am careful (thanks to being the daughter of a 40+ year detective) but I also know how easily accusations can happen and I just make sure they never can. If you want to jeopardize your reputation, that's up to you. What if this woman brings you to her home and cries rape? It's your word against hers. Guess who wins?

17. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Or here's the whole story:

She brings him into his home and he sees that she has an iPhone. He speaks up about how superior his Blackberry is and they get into a spat about whose phone is better than the others phone. She then says she likes Clark Howard and he gets all mad, because we all know Dave Ramsey is the best! They fight some more about which Consumer Advocate is the best. At this point they are both pretty riled up and she decided she'll have the last word on the matter and calls 9-11 and says that he is trying to rape her.

[on the way to jail, he sees the officer's iPhone and it starts all over again...]

18. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

IF my wife was to go to downtown Detriot at night for a business meeting...

be sure that I will be taking her down there, or else will be others from her POE traveling down there in same car pool!

Its called using "common sense"

19. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

And three days later, another thread on BB. (couldn't resist:smilewinkgrin:)

20. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Been there, done that a few times.