1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fleeing from Sexual immorality

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Evangelist6589, in my humble opinion this whole thread revolves around something you want. About trying to find loopholes, justifications, excuses, etc. to get it, even though you can't afford it. You also know that temptation is dangling right there in front of you like an apple on a tree.

Again, in my humble opinion, this trip is no different than putting a big screen TV on your credit card because you want to watch the Super Bowl.

If the Lord intends that the two of you get together, he will provide a way. A way that doesn't compromise your faith and her faith. A way that doesn't put you in the clutches of money changers in the temple.

How long did Jacob have to wait before he could marry Rachel? (Gen 29)

Is the Holy Spirit whispering to you to wait until you've earned the money by the sweat of your brow? Is the Holy spirit whispering to you to avoid what can be a compromising situation? Is satan sitting on your other shoulder whispering "Yea, hath God said" into your ear?

Only you can answer those questions. We, as posters here in the forum, can only urge you listen to the Holy Spirit. Let Him be your guide, even if it means you have to wait 7 years.

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't that much the same as borrowing. In borrowing you are banking on the future. If your home went to zero and lost your job could you pay the mortgage?

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I'll be booking a room.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You could sell your home. What could he do with the hotel room?

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I make my living by buying and selling foreclosures. I buy homes that have been foreclosed on and need some work and then sell them. In one case the owner lost his job and owed more than the building and property was worth.

So one may not be able to always sell as home. I have seen cases where homes have gone down to about 60% of that they once were. In 2004 I sold a home that I sold for 341K and now it is valued at 258K. Recently I bought a nice home for 105,500 and two years earlier it sold for 160K.

We do not the future and it may not be so good as we anticipate.

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly why we need to be VERY careful with our finances. Never finance 100%. Try to go into the home with as much equity as possible. Don't bite off more than you can chew!

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

In some cases do not finance more than about 30% unless you have other means. That is the reason why it must be secured to something.

8. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

I'm new to this thread.

To evangelist6589: Did your trip turn out as you expected?

9. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

Maybe he shouldn't quote Dave Ramsey as much.

10. Bobby Hamilton

No, they aren't. You're right. I've met probably 100 people from the internet over the years (none in a relationship type role). Just friends I've made from various sports boards, and when I travel to different college football places I'll meet up with them. I've even stayed with some of them.

But I did use common sense. Whenever I was going to be staying with someone who I didn't know, I always took someone with me. So regardless of your exact situation, gotta use some common sense.

Look back at all the posts you've made and some of the responses you've made. It seems to me that you have other things in your life that should be taking priority over this anyways. So if you're going to make this trip, when maybe you shouldn't from a financial standpoint, at least make sure you cover your bases while gone.

11. Bobby Hamilton

I think maybe an idea is to wait until you are in a better place financially before you take the trip at all.