1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Flex account

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by SaggyWoman, Dec 29, 2010.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Are you doing a flex account this year for medical spending?

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Simple answer: no. (We don't need to here - we pay for medical treatment through taxation, so unless we choose to "go private", there is nothing to pay when treatment is needed.)

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've done it every year that it has been available to me... to the maximum amount.

I've only failed to use everything in the account on two occasions, once I "lost" almost $20 and the other time was about $6. Of course I save hundreds by not having that income taxed, so it was a boon overall.

In the past couple of years, my wife and I have gone through the account before mid-year because of surgeries (some emergency, some elective) and other issues. It has been an enormous help for our household budget to have a block of money available on January 1 for medical expenses.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I set aside some, and of course look forward to the savings, since I seem to miss the amount to help on itemizations!! Ack. But, I have now a card that I can swipe out of that account!! Beats filling out forms!!