1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Flipping off

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Mar 8, 2008.

?
  1. Yes.

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. No, but I have wanted to.

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. No, not with my finger, but in other ways.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't know what this means.

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Other.

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

As a Christian, have you ever flipped someone off?

2. Joe

Joe New Member

Oops, nevermind
    I see the poll now...

3. MaryKay

MaryKay New Member

When I am driving and someone pulls out in front of me or cuts me off I have a habit of calling them dummy or stupid. Of course they don't hear me but the Lord does.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I'm like Mary Kay. I am not good at sign language. :laugh:

5. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

I am curious why "NO" was not one of the options.
    You assuming that we either have, have wanted to, think something like it in our mind, or donĀ“t know what it means.

What about those of us that the thought does not even cross our minds?

6. Joe

Joe New Member

That's what the "other" option is for

7. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I voted "other" for that very reason. Just plain ole' No. I did notice that the question was "As" a Christian. That leaves me clear.:laugh:

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Since a plain 'yes' was an option, I think a plain 'no' should have been an option also.

As it was not, I voted 'other'. I don't even think about giving an obscene gesture.

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I don't either Sue.
    A few months ago I was on a 4 lane highway, in the left turn lane, signaling to turn into a shopping center. While I was waiting for traffic to clear I noticed that a fellow in a pickup to my right in the crossing street. He was waiting for traffic to clear to come across the 4 lane and into the same shopping center I was turning into.
    Well traffic finally broke and I started my turn. Then in a flash that pickup came across the intersection and I hit my breaks and horn. I missed his drivers side door by inches. He gave me the one finger and went into the parking lot. I followed him in and parked right next to him.
    I got out of my van and he got out of his truck. High noon show down is what I was thinking. "Someone needs to teach you how to drive", said I. With closed fist he started toward me, "Someone needs to shut your big mouth" he shouted. While keeping the van between me and him I said, "Do you not realize that I came within an inch of taking your life back there?" He stopped and I continued, "My Lord and Savior has us both in His Hands today and I think that you need to think about that". His hands relaxed and opened. And he apologized. It was an amazing event. He turned and walked away. :godisgood:

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My view of it... that's cowardly. Especially from inside a moving protective shell called an automobile.

And while this is not the gist of what the poll is getting at, the insertion "...as a Christian" is bothersome to me. I can't remember what the topic was, but years ago in that class where our pastor was the teacher [I've referred to that before as not being a positive situation], there was some public, per se, issue to which he said, "Don't do it as a Christian..." as if it is possible for a Christian to do anything not 'as a Christan.' If you are a Christian, then whatever you do, and whenever you do it, is as a Christian.

With that said, your meaning was more likely akin to "since you became a Christian;" so this is not meant to be critical of the poll question itself.

11. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Awesomeness! Yeah, it IS pretty cowardly. I don't do it. I used to let off a string of obscenities that would make a sailor blush, but with the kids parroting every word, I don't do that anymore!

love,

Sopranette