1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Florida primary

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Jan 29, 2008.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Who do you think will win the Fla primary today? At this point in time, who do you think will get the Republican nomination?

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I think McCain is going to win in Florida by a narrow margin and go on and win the nomination.

Although if Romney finds a way to win in Florida he may be hard to beat for the nomination. It seems his campaign is picking up momentum at the right time.

IMO Guiliani and Huckabee are done. Guiliani had a terrible strategy and McCain has capitalized on getting many of the voters who may have voted for him.

Huckabee was a one state wonder. Although he may reappear in VP discussions.

3. moscott

moscott Member

Fla. is too close to call between McCain and Romney. Nationally, McCain is leading Romney. Ultimately, I pray that McCain wins because he is the only 1 who beats both Hillary and Obama in head to head matchups. Romney is down to both by 11 and 15 points nationally. Smart move for the GOP is McCain.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romney will beat McCain in Florida . McCain's negatives will be felt by voters . McCainb's lies , liberalism and temper issues will work against him .

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Well based on your predictions for Fred Thompson I think we can clearly conclude that this here prediction should wrap up Florida for McCain :laugh::wavey:

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope McCain wins. He's the only hope in the fall.

7. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I think McCain may pull it out by a slim margin, but i'm not real sure right now. I'm not sure sure if he will win the nomination yet either (or if i want him to)...I"M SO CONFUSED!!!!!:praying:

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I can really relate to your comment. Giuliani and Romney are not even a consideration for me. McCain, he is a stretch to vote for, but he does have some good qualities. I was hoping a few months ago for either Paul, Huckabee, or Thompson, but that is not going to happen. This is the worst crop of candidates I have ever seen. Some are no better than the other side.