1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Following Christ is Extreme

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by John of Japan, Jun 21, 2016.

1. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On another thread, someone said that most of fundamentalism is extreme. I know what he meant, having grown up and remained in the movement. He meant in comparison to the rest of evangelicalism, and I agree with him if we are talking about Ruckmanites and their ilk.

Having said that, if you are not extreme and radical in the eyes of the world, you are not following Christ. Consider that you must deny yourself, everything you are and want to be, and be prepared to die for the cause of Christ. "And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me" (Mark 8:34).

Consider that you are to surrender everything you are and everything you have to the cause of Christ.
    "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service" (Rom. 12:1).

Consider that absolutely everything you do must be considered in the light of the glory of God: "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Cor. 10:31).

The truth? None of us are really extreme enough!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will tell you what is extreme. Believing that we cannot be certain about doctrine is extreme. Denying the flood of Noah was literal is extreme. Thinking that Adam and Eve never existed they just represent mankind is extreme. Extremely wrong and evil.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I applaud that commentary, however I perfer the term "Radical" (going to the root) as apposed to Extreme, which suggests "Westboro Baptist'ish" connotations.