1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Food For Thought From Chuck Baldwin

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Gregory Perry Sr., Jul 8, 2008.

1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's what you would expect of a political stump speech.

Characterizing his oponents as "evil" and, of course, he is the alternative and pure as the driven snow.

God save us all from preachers who seek the power of the presidency. :praying:

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Gregory Perry Sr.

I'd say....God save us from the ABUSE of the power of the Presidency by ungodly men. The Word of God has many examples of wicked kings that brought ruin and judgement on the nation of Israel due to their disobedience and personal wickedness. It IS a valid parallel with what is taking place in our nation today. Our country desperately needs Godly leadership that is faithful to the Constitution as envisioned by the Founding Fathers. We also need to find a way to stop the abuse of power that is taking place at the hands of corrupt Judges that push through liberal agendas as they legislate from the bench.:tear: (but THAT is another subject)

Greg Perry Sr.:praying:

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Well said!

However, I fear many Christians want to be Christians only when they die and their epitaph is spoken and 'when we all get to heaven.'

But many will be disappointed: There is nothing I nor anyone can do to merit salvation...... it is totally, completely, eternally finished in Jesus Christ. However, if If we truly are saved then what Jesus has done for us will guide the choices we make in this life: When we do have a choice between good and evil, and chose to be ignorant of those choices, or pc, or are persuaded 'there is no hope' then we have denied the power of God.....which is not faith..... and without faith, can anyone see God?

We fool ourselves if we think we can stick God in a corner to use at our convenience, and fail to consider him in all aspects of our Christian walk.

He is LORD of all the kingdoms of our hearts or he is not LORD in us...... there is no betwixt.......... and many will miss heaven because they wanted to avoid hell but never accepted the LORD ship of Jesus Christ which is the signature of believing on him.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So we replace them with "God fearing" preachers, who then abuse the power of the Presidency.

I would think God's call to save souls would take precedence over the political power sought by Baldwin.

Jeremiah did not seek a kingship to effect change.

BTW

I thought you had me on ignore.:wavey:

Weak willed or another lie? :confused:

#6 carpro, Jul 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  7. Gregory Perry Sr.

CP....out of pure courtesy I will answer your comment (in this thread only)......and then we're DONE since it is obvious from all the posts of your's that I have seen that the majority of your posts are done (at least in my opinion)to be objectionable. You are,regretably and apparently one of those contrary sort of people that seems to have to feel superior at the expense of others AND good objective conversation. I know this comment may be construed as a personal attack but I say it with regret and sadness that we just CANNOT seem to get along on any count.

As to the idea of Chuck Baldwin or any other preacher abusing power (if or were they to get elected..longshot I know...),they are first and foremost HUMANS....and as such,yes,that is always possible. BUT...in my own personal encounter with this man I had the distinct impression that he is a humble man of God and a true patriot that has a real burden and sense of compassion for this country we all call home. That is why I support him ...that and the fact that I agree with his assessment of the direction our country is headed in and what it will take to correct that.

Now....as to your newest accusation about my ability to actually IGNORE you...I went back and checked the previous threads. I put you "on ignore" SPECIFICALLY in those threads ONLY.......AS I'M NOW DOING IN THIS ONE AS WELL. CP...I'd love to have a good conversation/dialogue with you and if you'd ever care to apologize for your rudeness AND your ACCUSATIONS I'll be happy to engage you in reasonable conversation..(Disclaimer) For the record..and in the FUTURE on these forums...IF I should happen to respond or post in any thread that you (CP...uhh..Carpro) are posting in does NOT necessary indicate an acknowledgement of your presence.Thank you very much.

In Christian Grace as much as possible,
    Greg Perry Sr.:type: :tear:

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your airogance is leaking again. ( splg intl)

Tell us once again why we should vote for Baldwin:

Let's see...

We're not "True born again believers" unless we do.

We can't be righteous and have no Christian conscience unless we we do.

Is that how all that went?

Here. I'll let you tell us in your own words:

Greg Perry Sr. wrote:

#8 carpro, Jul 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2008
  9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I read the article, this is exactly the same quote I was going to post, but you beat me to it.:thumbs:

Can't help but remember in '48 when Gov Dewey was a shoo-in for POTUS, & many, if not most, of the major papers had their headlines prepared along the line of "Dewey Drowns Truman" , that these same guys woke up next morning to the astonishing revelation that they had the names reversed!!

I still don't know fer sure how I'm gonna vote, BUT I am going to pray long & hard, and trust God to guide me in voting and leave the results to Him. After all, He's still in charge even is ole slew-foot IS making a lot of noise and troubling the waters.:godisgood: