1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Food For Thought -WI Man Eats 25,000 Big Macs

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Thousand Hills, May 17, 2011.

1. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/...-Mac-man-expected-hit-25-000-milestone-today?

A few snippets:

Don Gorske sometimes cannot taste the Big Macs he eats every day.But he keeps eating and today he expects to hit another Big Mac Milestone: Gorske plans to consume his 25,000th Big Mac. Gorske, 57, says that since birth his taste buds have fluctuated in sensitivity, possibly worsening when he worked inside tanks at a factory. However, not knowing if he’ll taste the Big Macs has not dampened his love for the McDonald’s staple. He began eating the high-calorie special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun burgers on May 17 in 1972. Gorske has structured his eating habits so he will devour his 25,000th Big Mac at about 3 p.m. today inside the McDonald’s at 699 S. Military Ave. — exactly 39 years since he drove his father’s Dodge Polara to the original McDonald’s on Military Avenue and fell in love with the sandwich.

Gorske now purchases six Big Macs on Monday and eight on Thursday. He has a spare in his freezer in case of an emergency and a special one frozen inside a container.

This portion may have been poorly written, but it leaves one to believe that he hasn't had any significant health problems in the past 25 years.

In 1985, Gorske went to the doctor for a physical so he could work in the prison. On April 26 this year, he finally returned to the doctor and found out he is in good health with a cholesterol level at 156 mg/dL. Average good cholesterol rating for men age 50 and older is 208 mg/dL. Gorske estimated he has consumed well over 200,000 Coca-Colas with his Big Macs.

#1 Thousand Hills, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
  2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Sounds a bit like the people I hear saying, "I smoke 20 cigarettes a day/drink a gallon of beer a day, and don't have any health problems." The trouble is, for everyone person who smokes/drinks like that, and doesn't have health problems, there are thousands, probably millions, who do.

I would imagine the same would be true of eating over 12 Big Macs a week for 39 years.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    HA! David, I see you went to your calculator, too! (So did I)

But seriously, you are right about what you said about the millions of other people who do have health problems and for eating far FEWER Big Macs than he.

It's not that this guy is evidence that Big Macs won't harm you. It's that this guy currently has no major health problems in spite of the fact that he has consumed 12.33 Big Macs per week every week for 39 years - which is a indicative of a poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a boring gastronomical life.