1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Food for Thought

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 10, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I once met a man who bragged that he was a graduate of a prominent Southern California Seminary. He went on to tell me how he must of held some kind of Guinness World Book of Records for reading the Bible backwards and forwards, more than 200 times before going to Seminary.

I was in awe, as well as impressed, so I asked him when he asked Chriist to come into his heart, forgive his sin, save him from Hell, and promise him his place in eternity.

Sadly, he proclaimed that while he knew the Word of God backwards and forwards, he had never met the Savior of the new Testiment.

I find this to be a story of tremendous personal loss. "For what does it gain a man to own the world, yet forfiet his soul?" Sadly, this man had gained much, but stood to lose his very soul.

Matthew 16:26: What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?
    Matthew 16:25-27 (in Context) Matthew 16 (Whole Chapter)
    Mark 8:36: What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?
    Mark 8:35-37 (in Context) Mark 8 (Whole Chapter)
    Luke 9:25: What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

Finally, my dear friends in Christ:

2 Timothy 2:15: 15Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth. [the Amplified Bible]

In His Love, I remain your faithful and Humble Servant,

Pastor Paul :type: