1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For a friend

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Michael Wrenn, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I ask prayers for the family of a former classmate of mine. She died last night from brain cancer; they pronounced her terminal two years ago and gave her only a few months to live. She bravely fought it and believed for a healing.

This woman was not a Christian when we were in high school. She went through some bad relationships, and when she did get married, her husband mistreated her. Sometime after her divorce, she became a Christian and attended a Church of God where she met a good and godly man. They got married and were very happy. My wife and her met at work several years ago and became friends.

She was my age -- middle 50's.

Back in October, she called my wife who works on social security disability cases and asked about the process. After their discussion, she told my wife that she believed she would not apply for disability, that she would try to go back to work and continue to believe God for her healing. My sister said that she saw her at a revival later that month and she went up to ask for prayer; the evangelist laid hands on her and prayed for her healing.

Her battle here is over now. I trust that I will see her again someday, in that place where there is no more death, tears, or sadness, in the presence of Jesus, our Savior.

I pray that she will go from glory to glory in that place.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Praying for the family and friends who will miss her greatly! We rejoice that she has accepted Jesus as her Savior and will never suffer with brain cancer or any illness of any kind, thank to Jesus Who made it possible for all who believe Him!!

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord she was saved and was trusting Him even in death. I will pray for the family.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly in my prayers.