1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Additional Information on Islam...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by FundamentalDan, Aug 19, 2005.

1. FundamentalDan

FundamentalDan New Member

Allow me to recommend a few sources that have additional information on Islam and their beliefs. I would not say that everyone should study up on the religion, but those who are well grounded in their faith should have no problem studying it. A website that I used a lot is http://islamicity.com . I also communicated in writing with the website managers, and they were always kind though I told them I was a Baptist doing research on Islam. I would also recommend the book Why I Am Not a Muslim by Ibn Warraq. You should be aware, however, that Warraq is an atheist, so he discounts all religions including Bible Christianity. Another good book written in comparison form is The Cross and the Crescent by Phil Parshalls (sp?). And, if you wish to get a glimpse into the mind of an American convert to Islam, there is a good book by Michael Wolfe called Hadj: An American's Pilgrimage to Mecca. He is a good writer and his accounts of Mecca and their rituals is fascinating. Again, I realize that not everyone will want to or should study Islam in this much detail, but it is available for those who would like to do so. It gave me a greater appreciation for the wonderful simplicity of Bible faith. Thank God I do not have to worry about a tiered access to His throne or fret about how to please Him. He reveals Himself wonderfully to me and encourages me to seek Him. There are other books, such as John MacArthur's Terrorism, Jihad, and the Bible, but I will stop now.

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In my research of Islam, I have found this site to be very valuable.

Islam Q&A

Thousands of questions answered from a Muslim perspective.