1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For All of the AV1611 Lovers....

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Baptist in Richmond, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

On Monday, I made a trip up to Williamsburg to run an errand. This particular errand did not take nearly the time I originally thought, so I made a trip down to the Duke of Gloucester Street. For any of you that are unfamiliar with Williamsburg, this is the main road in Colonial Williamsburg, with the College of William & Mary on one end and the old Capitol of the Commonwealth on the other. On the Duke of Gloucester sits Bruton Parish Church, the Episcopal church (obviously!!) of Colonial Williamsburg. Inside this church is a REAL Authorised Version that was a gift to the Parish from the King to commemorate the 300th anniversary of the Virginia Colony. As many of us have discussed in other threads, an original "He" Bible is quite expensive. Imagine how much this AV would be worth, as it is a gift from the King!!!! I attempted to take a picture, but it was too dark that early in the day, and I did not want to take a flash picture out of respect.

Here is the church. I am going back to Williamsburg on Saturday, and I will try again.

By the way, if you have never made it to the historic Jamestowne/Williamsburg/Yorktown triangle, I would highly suggest that you consider making the trip.
    [/IMG]

[ February 18, 2004, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

By the way, check out this grave marker that is in the church cemetery. Note the style still being used at the time.

[​IMG]

3. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Awesome. Looking forward to the pics if you can get them. [​IMG]

4. mioque

mioque New Member

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Asked for images to be reduced in size (2x2 inches to conform with BB policies)