1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For by Grace are ye ...

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by Salty, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    [FONT=&quot]After twenty years of shaving himself every morning, a man in a[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] small Southern town decided he had enough. He told his wife[/FONT][FONT=&quot] that he intended to let the local barber shave him each day. He[/FONT][FONT=&quot] put on his hat and coat and went to the barber shop, which was[/FONT][FONT=&quot] owned by the pastor of the town's Baptist Church. The barber's[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]wife, Grace, was working that day, so she performed the task.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [FONT=&quot]Grace shaved him and sprayed him with lilac water, and said,[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "That will be $20."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The man thought the price was a bit high, but he paid the bill[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and went to work. The next morning the man looked in the[/FONT][FONT=&quot] mirror, and his face was as smooth as it had been when he left[/FONT][FONT=&quot] the barber shop the day before.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Not bad, he thought. At least I don't need to get a shave every[/FONT][FONT=&quot] day. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The next morning, the man's face was still smooth. Two[/FONT][FONT=&quot] weeks later, the man was still unable to find any trace of[/FONT][FONT=&quot] whiskers on his face.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It was more than he could take, so he[/FONT][FONT=&quot] returned to the barber shop.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "I thought $20 was high for a shave", he told the barber's[/FONT][FONT=&quot] wife, "but you must have done a great job. It's been two weeks[/FONT][FONT=&quot] and my whiskers still haven't started growing back."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The expression on her face didn't even change, expecting his[/FONT][FONT=&quot] comment. She responded,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"You were shaved by Grace and once shaved, always shaved!"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]~Author Unknown~[/FONT][/FONT]

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :)...heheh, I seen that one coming, but it was still funny....