1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For calvinists: Has God loved every man who ever existed?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Sep 5, 2007.

?
  1. yes

47.4%
  2. no

42.1%
  3. I don't know

2.6%
  4. other: please state

7.9%
  1. booklady

booklady New Member

I posted a reply to this, then went back and deleted the entire thing. There's no point. It has all been said before.

#181 booklady, Sep 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2007
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

In your opinion is there any point to discussing anything at all on this board? Over 3,000 years ago, the wisest man that ever lived, apart from Jesus Christ himself, said: "There is nothing new under the sun." So you are right; it has all been said before." Solomon knew about Calvinism 3,000 years ago; why discuss it now? :rolleyes:
    Someone else said: if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it all. As you said before you came to contribute--to fellowship; to encourage. But your posts of late have had the effect of discouraging people. Why are you doing the opposite of what you said you were going to do?

3. booklady

booklady New Member

I said what I did out of a discouraged heart; a heart that is discouraged not only by things on here but things in my own life. I think that maybe I don't have anything good to say right now, therefore I will be saying nothing at all. Thank you for pointing that out.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is related to "Does God Love All?" and "Robert Haldane On Romans 9:13" . Maybe some who have not taken the poll can do so . A lot of the posts here went off-track but some were of substance -- David Lamb's , larrjf's and reformedbeliever's among others .

5. larryjf

larryjf New Member

I appreciate the comment, and i think the topic is very interesting. Unfortunately i am not permitted to speak in this thread as it is in the Baptist Only forum and i am Presbyterian.

Note: I am only posting this as an informational post since my name was brought up, i am not trying to break the rules.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Understood. When someone is mentioned in a post, they have the full right to respond or clarify.

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And no, God has a "beloved", chosen to be a bride for His Son, before the foundation of the world.

The rest of the world is NOT in the beloved of God.