1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For God so loved the world

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by King James Bond, Jul 30, 2005.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I love it -- I quote John Gill, Adam Clark and GOD in Gen 3... And Lloyd quotes ISLAM!!

Perfect!

What a contrast!

In Christ,

Bob

2. ascund

ascund New Member

Hey Bob

I didn't quote ISLAM. But I expect nothing else from someone who doesn't honor God's Word and denies Jesus at every turn.

Your confusion still reigns. Have you figured out justification yet?

BTW what are you doing in this thread since you don't understand the word "love" either?

Oh yeah - I forgot. It goes rather handily with ignore context.
    Lloyd

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I quote John Gill, God in Gen 3 and Adam Clark HERE
    http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/35/1543/16.html#000236

Lloyd appeals to “Islamics” in his immediate response HERE (As he ducks every point made in the previous post and the sources used)

http://www.baptistboard.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/35/1543/16.html#000237

Saying
    I call him on that CONTRAST between my appeal to God in Gen 3 and John Gill and Adam Clark on that SAME point -- vs – Lloyds appeal to the Islamic view of Christians in that post above.

To which we get …. Obfuscation in response (plus more ranting of course).

How “unexpected”.

4. ascund

ascund New Member

Hey BobRyan

I'm glad that you included that link to my post. Any reader can see my comment in context.

BTW I am still awaiting your response to justification in the thread Event vrs Process Justification.

A lexical analysis shows:
    __ Justification is an EVENT
    __ God alone is active in justification
    __ Humans are strictly passive in justification.

Your process model is summatively rejected through a pre-101 theology analysis of God's Word. It takes a lot of theologizing to convert a Christ-centered message of hope into a human-centered message of death and despair.

Lloyd

5. timothy27

timothy27 New Member

Good exegesis Ascund!! I see all through this thread where Bob fails to see that the love in John 3:16 is qualitative not quantitative. This is how he loves the world. Unfortunatley Bob cannot see this for it would cause him to be incorrct and prideful Arminians just cannot deal with that.

6. ascund

ascund New Member

Hey Timothy27

Thanks! I am so thrilled by a positive comment that I now see more clearly the destructive ramifications from those who deny Christ's ministries on behalf of us repeat offenders who have trusted fully in His life/death/resurrection.

I realize that it is incumbent upon us to follow your lead in the area of encouragement in the true faith in Jesus Christ - alone!

A simple thanks is all I can do but please know that such encouragement goes far beyond those simple words.

Lloyd

7. ascund

ascund New Member

Hey Bob

Since you like to visit this thread, I want you to know that I've added lexical analysis of the word "sanctification" on the Event vrs Process Justification thread.

Please visit the thread, read my lexical analysis and let me know what you think.
    Lloyd

8. Remnant

Remnant New Member

Jarthur,

I just got in again...been away. What is Faith...? I don't have time for the full and desired answer. However having finalized this answer in my study a few years ago I came up with the opposite answer of most...and may be considered a heretic for it...

Faith in a human is "the works of Christ imputted to me".

Do I hear jeers...sorry. ...perhaps I will have time to reiterate later. Sorry Jarthur I don't time today. Thanks so much for the time it took to reply above.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It depends on what you mean be "imputted to me". If you mean it comes by hearing, I agree. If you claim faith is a gift only given to some, I disagree. I'll stick to the Bible's definition of faith, that it is the substance of things hoped for, things not seen. Faith comes be hearing (understanding) and hearing (understanding) from the Word of God.

10. ascund

ascund New Member

Hey Webdog

I sort of think both you and Remnant have got most of it. I think "the works of Christ imputed to me" happens by hearing the preaching of the Word and involves an active decision of faith in Jesus Christ.

Anything beyond this LOOK of faith for justification must be resolutely rejected.

The topic is so critical that it is hard to say precisely without equivocation just what you mean. It is far easier to define it by using negatives - - sort of what we do with the definition of God.

Lloyd

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Will do.

My board time during the week is extremely limited so I am a bit behind on reading and posting.

Bob