1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Men Only... Question # 1

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by DorthyMontine, Jun 8, 2006.

?
  1. Yes, definitely

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Yes, somewhat

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. No, not necessary

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  1. DorthyMontine

DorthyMontine New Member

As a man, would you like to see Christian women take the issue of 'modest dress' more seriously?

2. NateT

NateT Member

I'm going to say no.

Here's why. Most of the Christian women that I see at church, on campus etc are dressed modestly. Not in burkas, but reasonable. Most of the women that I see dress immodestly, I have no reason to think they are Christians (not based solely on their dress, but on how they act in other ways.)

Most Christian women that I am familiar with do not deliberately wear anything to cause lust, and if they were told that something they were wearing might be problematic, they'd probably quit.

Therefore, I think most of the Christian women I know take dressing modestly serious enough. In fact, I don't know one Chrisitan woman who WANTS to be a sex symbol.

3. IronWill

IronWill New Member

Yes, somewhat.

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I put "yes, somewhat", because I agree with Nate about my personal experience, but there are some Christian young ladies at other churches (and occasionally come to ours), who could use some modesty.

Some of the young ladies at our church go overboard by wearing jeans under long dresses. The long dresses are for looking like a lady is supposed to (according to them), but the jeans are so they can still be active.

5. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Nope,

You cannot enforce someone to participate in a relationship with God. All Christians have a personal relationship with God and grow differently in that relationship. A persons dress should be directed by their own understanding of what God requires of them. By dictating that to people, they are not growing because of what God is doing in their lives so it is futile.

6. gekko

gekko New Member

Ben W said " You cannot enforce someone to participate in a relationship with God."

that reminds me of the age old saying of "you can lead a horse to water - but you can't make him drink" - i've heard the following lately "you can lead a horse to water - but you can't make him drink - but you can salt his oats"

what do you think that means?