1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured ? for Noncalvinists

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Aaron, Aug 31, 2014.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Okay....how come babies died whilst in the womb, if they're not sinners? For the wages of sin is death....if they're not sinners in God's sight, then what causes a baby to die?

5. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

One could similarly question why animals die. Do animals sin?

I can understand, and probably even say I believe, the argument that babies are born in sin. But I cannot imagine a just God condemning a baby, who has no ability to understand the preached word of the Gospel, to Hell because they never accepted the sacrifice of Jesus (or, for y'all Calvinists, because the baby wasn't Elect). That's why I fall into the Age of Accountability camp, believing that there is a certain point, different for all people, at which time God reveals to you your sin nature and presents the sacrifice of Jesus. He does not force salvation upon anyone, nor does He deny any who come to Him sincerely desiring salvation, having been drawn of the Spirit.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You already know that answer. Why do you still die if you are not a sinner in God's sight? Why did Christ die if He is not a sinner in God's sight? You used to refute such easy arguments yourself

#46 webdog, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If its a direct reference to the passover, its symbolic and not literal.

You are not getting what poetic literature means. Crushed bones make no noise. There is nothing literal about that verse. You take one verse out of a Psalm and claim the meaning is literal...yet other verses are supposed to be symbolic? That is a horrible hermeunetic.
    Romans 5 says no such thing. It says sin entered the world by one man, and death by sin. Did you miss verse 13 that says sin is not charged to your account where there is no law? Why dismiss James and Paul when they state quite clearly we are dead in OUR sin?

"Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death."

#47 webdog, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That view you quoted is all over the place. They are sinners...yet God does not impute sin against them? How does that work apart from faith in Christ? This is the special dispensation of salvation I'm referring to not found anywhere in Scripture.

9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 5:13 for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Literally, that text is referencing mankind and the bringing of "the law" to Moses. That is also applied to the life of the individual believer. In this context, Paul addresses knowledge of God by man through God's creation. To the person with an undeveloped mind, there is no law because they can not comprehend the law nor do they even have the comprehension to see the evidence of the Creator in His Creation.

Are infants in heaven? David could not have more plainly answered that question.
    "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.' But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me (2 Sam. 12:22-23)."

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a direct reference to the Blood sacrifice the pass over symbolizes and it is prophetic of Christ once and for all blood sacrifice.
    Crushed bone makes no noise? You ever broken one? I have broken a couple and they sound like limbs breaking. I have broken several bones in other people on the football field and you can hear them breaking over the noise of the crowd.
    What does imputed mean? "Charged to your account." I get v.13, but I think you are missing it.

11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Web Dog, you are trying to have it both ways.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Now I think you are playing semantical games :). I've never heard a crushed bone 'rejoice'. If we are created sinners in Adam, that has been imputed to us. How then can it both be imputed and not imputed?

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How so? I was repeating back what was said. My position is the only consistent one here. Spiritually dead people are saved by grace through faith. Faith comes by hearing (understanding), and that by the word of God. That's what the Bible says, not me. Faith (the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen) requires the ability to do just that. Anything else believed is extra biblical, false doctrine and science fiction if one believes a fetus can have faith imparted by some magical gift. If this is the case God can grant this fairy tale gift of faith to whomever, whenever. The person riding the unicorn with bigfoot in hell can also receive this 'gift' since its extra biblical.

14. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say that he had the spirit, of the breath of life, in him making him a living soul until around the age of 12 years, when the spirit of the breath of life, "his spirit," departed to God who had given it.

Heb, 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die (< which I think was appointed before the foundation of the world, otherwise how could it have been appointed for the Christ, as of lamb, to shed his precious blood, before the foundation of the world?), but after this the judgment:
    1 Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. ( Including the one in the OP)
    2 Cor. 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Does judgement mean because he could not by his free will accept Christ that Christ will cast him into, "Hell"? Does, "after this the judgement," always carry with it, "Hell"?

Could he be found written in the book of life, healed, given eternal life and the death, he was made alive from, be cast into the lake of fire.

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. Are these firstfruits of his creatures those who were given the gift of the Holy Spirit, the predestined?

Could the one in the OP not also be one of his creatures, fruit of like kind yet not of the first fruit? Does first, as a prefix, denote other fruit of like kind at a later time?

Could he fall under the aspects of this verse?

Eph. 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

At that time would the following apply,inclusive of the one in the OP?

Phil. 2:10,11 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

I believe man will be saved by the election of God but I do not think Calvin understood, election, nor predestination.

Elected as first fruit but there will be other fruit of like kind. There are other feast of the LORD other than the feast of firstfruits.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God showed favor to 120,000 children in ninevah when Jonah preach unto them to repent and turn to the living God..

he stated that they did not know that they had sinned, yet still needed to have his grace to spare them, which God provided to them, correct?

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying that it is impossible for God to chose by His own free Will to provide salvation towards those unable to receive him by faith then?

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying that it is impossible for God to chose by His own free Will to provide salvation towards those unable to receive him by faith then?
    Think "it is impossible for man, but nor for God!"

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That proves what I've been saying all along. Physical death comes to all. God spared them physically from judgement.

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't say that, the Bible says by faith one is justified, saved, redeemed, counted as righteous, etc. You are the one creating anither way of salvation.

20. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He rejoiced because of the results of the crushing.
    We inherited sin because of Adam. We were imputed sin at the time we gain knowledge.