1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by grahame, Jan 23, 2008.

1. grahame

grahame New Member

I begin by making two apologies. I. I wasn't sure where to post this. So please move it to the appropriate forum. 2. The verse I quoted is not what it seems.
    What I mean is that I know what it means, but I want to use it as a springboard for an entirely different question. That is this: There are those who have written that the European Jews are not the true Jews The true Jews are those who still reside in the middle east. They even point out that their facial features are also completely different from those who live in the Middle east. They are also white, whilst those who were born and live in their land of origin are dark skinned.
    I am interested in folk's views on this subject. Any comments anyone?

#1 grahame, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  2. cowboymatt

cowboymatt New Member

The ethnic definition of who is a Jew and who is not is very complicated. Not even the Jews themselves have come to a consensus about this.

Is it a religious affiliation? Or does it have to do with one's parents, and one's parents' parents, etc? Does it have to do with following the ethnic markers of the Law, such as Sabbath, circumcision, and food laws? Does it have to do with geographical location? Does it have to do with all of these things or a few of them?

There is simply no answer.