1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For those voting in the Republican Primary: Who are you voting for?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Havensdad, Dec 13, 2011.

?
  1. Mitt Romney

19.0%
  2. Ron Paul

23.8%
  3. Newt Gingrich

14.3%
  4. Rick Santorum

9.5%
  5. Michelle Bachman

9.5%
  6. John Huntsman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other

23.8%
  1. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Act WHAT way? I still have not heard any examples. Was one of them sticking their tongue out at the other, and saying "Nah nah nah nah"?

Because calling someone out on their hypocrisy, getting angry, and even turning over tables, is not in anyway "Childish"...

Mat 15:7 You hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy of you...

Mat 21:12 And Jesus entered the temple and drove out all who sold and bought in the temple, and he overturned the tables of the money-changers and the seats of those who sold pigeons.
    Mat 21:13 He said to them, "It is written, 'My house shall be called a house of prayer,' but you make it a den of robbers.

If Jesus were alive today, don't you think he "might" be doing the same thing to folks like Romney, who say they follow Him (though of course he is Mormon), but then support the murder of children?

Being a man, does not mean being some milquetoast, soft spoken, get-along guy... THAT is "childish." Being a man is being brave enough to stand up against the hypocrites, to call them down for what they have done, and warning those who would follow them, rather than being a coward who just wants everyone to "get along."

2. mandym

mandym New Member

Really? You want to equate the debates to what Christ did in the Temple? I don't want to know what the candidates think they know, that is bad, about another candidate. I want to know what they know about the job of President. Instead of keeping this on the failure of Obama they have exaggerated and misrepresented each others positions. Bachman being the worst one. But I know. RP can do no wrong so what ever he does is equal to anything Jesus did.

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Because its not just about the failure of Obama. It is also about whether the candidates are any different. Why on earth would I care if Romney or Obama is president? They are essentially the same on their views. Would you honestly like for the other candidates to just sit back and allow the wool to be pulled over the eyes of the American people?? How sad is that? Your saying, "I don't care what the candidates believe, or what they will do. I just want a Republican." That, in my opinion, is horrible.

Please do not represent my position on RP. I have not equated him to Jesus. But pointing out hypocrisy in others, and exposing criminals was something that Jesus did...and therefore it is good and right to do so.

4. mandym

mandym New Member

My oh my. I will be in prayer for you.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Although none of the current republicans stand out to me as white house material I would go in this order. Right now it is Michelle Bachman, Ron Paul, or Rick Santorum in that order all subject to change.

6. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

I will be voting for Rick Santorum. He is the strongest on sanctity of life issues that I have seen, from the unborn to the elderly to the disabled to the terminally ill. I can agree with every view/plan I have read for him so far across the spectrum of issues. I also like Michele Bachmann very much, but will not vote for a woman.

And I tend to agree with HD. Almost nobody I have talked to likes Newt or Romney. I am tired of the media driven poll results. I didn't watch much of the Fox debate last night but what I did see I didn't like. What was with the questions "So and so doesn't think you're electable because..." "You haven't risen up in the polls...why not?" What a waste of time!! Let's just get to the issues, people!!

#26 PamelaK, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
  7. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I'm another one that wishes that Santorum's stock would rise. Unfortunately he too bought into the idea that one could "ooze" into the nomination by sort of hinting around that he was interested.

You either take a stand and run or get what comes your way.

Meanwhile, the liberal media and Obama are the ones who profit from all the discourse as the rest of us try to sort out which candidate might be worthy of support. The good thing is that Obama cannot help shooting himself (and his supporters) at every chance. The bad thing is that if Obama eeks out a win this might be our last election... At the rate that he is "changing" America, there will be no further meaningful elections if he gains a second term and can somehow pull a majority with him back into Congress.

8. marke

marke New Member

Several candidates would make good presidents, in my opinion, but I'm favoring Newt Gingrich for several (debatable, no doubt) reasons. It would be nice to get a Sara Pahlin in, but that is not likely to happen, and it may be just as well. It would be good if whoever gets in would have Christian princilpes, maturity, experience, common sense, etc. Ron Paul has a lot of good qualities, but he lacks understanding about practical involvement with fellow leaders in getting things done and, like many of us, some of his ideas cannot be implemented in the simple ways he seems to imagine.

I really like Rick Perry, but he struggles to communicate with others, especially under pressure. Michele Bachman is also good, but she would not do well creating consensuses and compromises with political foes, which is going to be important. At least 40% of our voting population are now persuaded if not die-hard democrats, and that number is growing as our world degenerates in these last days.

I don't like it, but only a compromiser with relatively good morals and conservative principles will likely be one who will actually manage to do the most in steering this country back towards its conservative roots. I would really like to see Sara Palin end up on the VP ticket again, though.

#28 marke, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
  9. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

His "ideas" used to be the status quo. And yes, they can be implemented. Ron has the best handle on foreign policy of any candidate on the stage, which is why he receives more money from active duty officers than every other candidate combined. Those who have studied strategy, understand warfare, tactics, and policy, OVERWHELMINGLY support Ron Paul. The only people that say his foreign policy is bad, are the nut-jobs in Washington who want more war, more power, and more control.

Perry and Gingrich are both crooks. Gingrich is also a pseudo liberal and a warmonger to boot. He has also been extremely wishy-washy on pro-life issues. To top this off, he is the one candidate on the stage that would probably lose to Obama. Democrats are chomping at the bit waiting to start yanking Newts skeletons out of the closet!

10. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Jesus IS alive today! Surely you misspoke.

A.F.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trust me, HD knows full well that Christ lives. It was not all neccessary for you to make this comment.

12. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

No doubt...... You need not be offended for him. No slam was intended.

A.F.

13. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Now, back to slamming candidates.

Here are my thoughts:

Romney = too liberal
    Paul = too libertarian
    Gingrich = too much baggage
    Bachman = too wild
    Huntsman = Who is he?
    Santorum = Just right on the issues

14. marke

marke New Member

Someone I greatly admire and generally agree with about foreign policy is Ambassador Bolton. The US will not be wise to abandon its foothold in the Middle East given the radical nature of muslim extremists fulminating bloodshed and even worldwide nuclear holocaust in the name of Allah. If we do pull out of the region completely there will undoubtedly be great bloodshed and war against Israel which will drag the whole world into the bloody mess. A strong US presence is all that's holding back these forces of evil at the moment.

15. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

:/ Alive today as in walking the earth in human form. Of course, I believe you knew what I meant.

16. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

One doesn't have to be present to be alive. You should always say what you mean.

I am not trying to pick a fight.

A.F.

17. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

Santorum= To unconstitutional, and a warmonger to boot.

Paul is a true conservative... shrink government, get them out of our lives, strong defense, and strong pro-life (consistently!) stance.

18. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Bill Cosby is not averse to being a write-in candidate

19. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

Do you care to expand on your comment: Santorum= too unconstitutional.