1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured For what it's worth .... Obama goes it alone! AGAIN?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jan 7, 2016.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

FWIW, I believe we as the most prosperous and (almost most) free nation in the world should also be the leaders of the world in offering quality, no cost health care to all our citizens. My problem with the ACA (outside of being a poorly written law) is that it requires all citizens to purchase health insurance. That is unconstitutional imho. When we saw that get added into the law, that's when we knew the insurance companies were in on the scam.

Provide the health insurance from the federal level, absolutely. I think we should definitely provide it for no cost to all below the age of 18 (or until someone graduates from high school.) It can be low cost for adults. This kind of competition will require the health system to change and lower their costs and refine their processes. Studies have shown that about 1/3 of all health care spending exists to legitimatize their own bureaucracy.