1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

For Whom was Hell Made?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Nov 17, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the mouth of Jesus came the following words, which would indicate that God never intended for any of His creation to spend eternity in Hell! If this is as it appears, then there is a flaw in the doctrine of "the elect" being the only ones going to heaven.

Furthermore, Jesus told us in John 3:16 that "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

New International Version - "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

New Living Translation - "Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, 'Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons."

English Standard Version - “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

New American Standard Bible - "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels..."

King James Bible - "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels..."

Holman Christian Standard Bible - "Then He will also say to those on the left, Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the Devil and his angels!"

So, the next time someone asks why a loving God could make a place like hell, remind them that God made hell for Satan and the rebellious angels. Thus it is clear that since God did not intend for mankind to spend one day in hell, that if they do end up in hell, it was only because of the choice, or choices they did or did not make while here on earth!

I find it difficult to believe that God preordained or chose people who would spend their eternity in heaven and others in hell. The way I see it, He gave us the ability to freely choose where we want to spend eternity!

I know there are those who disagree with this premise, and that is clearly their choice. Even so, because I believe God made hell for the rebellious angels and Satan, I have hope that by sharing the Gospel with everyone, that "whomsoever" decides to believe in the truth of the gift of salvation and come to Jesus as a remorseful, repentant sinner, shall have everlasting life!

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever happens in both heaven and hell brings glory to God though, correct?

3. T Alan

T Alan New Member

Glory to Yah, indeed. I often wonder just "when" was the lake of fire made or when will it "BE" made?

#3 T Alan, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014