1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Forbidden to drink blood

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Gina B, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

My bad... It's Camelback Bible Church, and it's in Scottsdale. Oops!!! Saddleback is here in So Cal.

2. Justified Saint

Justified Saint New Member

If the Catholic is actually wrongly drinking blood then isn't it wrong for the Protestant to symbolize the drinking of blood during their communion?

3. jasonW*

jasonW* New Member

I have heard of Camelback Bible. I'll put it on my list. My wife and I are meeting more and more people and getting more and more church recommendations. We will check it out one of these days.

Thanks,
    jason

PS. So Cal is nice, and it was on our list when we were moving. But the cost of living seemed astronomical! We thought Arizona was a nice compromise.

4. Justified Saint

Justified Saint New Member

Jason, have you been to Christ's Church of the Valley in the NW Valley?

5. LaRae

LaRae Guest

6. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christians are not bound by a biblical prohibition on blood. </font>[/QUOTE]Is this the part where you introduce us to Christians that Ignore the NT Acts 15 commands to the church? I guess that would be... Catholics?

In Christ,

Bob

7. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then you clearly didn't understand infallibility when you were a Catholic. The only time something in Catholicism is to be considered a matter of infallibility is when it is an [/i]ex cathedra [/i] issue. There have been no ex cathedra issues since JP2 has been pope. </font>[/QUOTE]Does that include the Popes that the RCC calls "The Wicked Popes"?

In Christ,

Bob

8. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since no one has actually addressed a defense for the RCC with respect to the details of that RC post - I thought it would be fun to see it come back "again".

In Christ,

Bob

9. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Christians are not bound by a biblical prohibition on blood. </font>[/QUOTE]Is this the part where you introduce us to Christians that Ignore the NT Acts 15 commands to the church? I guess that would be... Catholics?

In Christ,

Bob
    </font>[/QUOTE]Bob, in case you never noticed Acts 15 beyond its misuse as justification for the unbiblical dietary restrictions your spiritual master Ellen White forces on you, the apostles are telling people to abstain from the blood of animals that are sacrificed to pagan idols.

10. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Papal infallibility does not mean papal impeccability.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am just asking if you have checked out all the ex-cathedra statements of the "wicked popes".

12. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Wrong. Another instance of Bob Lyan's famous ability to post three in a row without actually reading anything put here by by someone else. Guess I better post it "again"

Once again the quote you post says exactly the opposite of what you say it does. How could you possibly have overlooked the word "if" after you went to all the trouble to bold-face it. Must be one of those "details" you're "always" putting in "quotes"

Hey, that inspires some poetry!

From my Catholic tomes edges worn and dry
    A quote doth mine peepers spy
    Cut and paste, and bold-face do I
    Twist twist twist, it's a bald-face ***

(Hint: *** is a 3 letter word that rhymes with pie!) </font>[/QUOTE]

13. LaRae

LaRae Guest

What ex cathedra statements, and by what popes?

Have you bothered to do any research on popes and how many infallible statements ANY pope has made during the last 2000 years?

LaRae

14. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Harley said --
    Bob in case you never noticed Acts 15 beyond its misuse as justification for the unbiblical dietary restrictions your spiritual master... (yada yada obligatory childish ranting deleted - i.e. cleaned up for adults)
    ...the apostles are telling people to abstain from the blood of animals that are sacrificed to pagan idols. [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]Sadly Harley - you have yet to master the simple task of reading the text and seeing its details.

Here is the quote for you -- Please concentrate.

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What ex cathedra statements, and by what popes?

Have you bothered to do any research on popes and how many infallible statements ANY pope has made during the last 2000 years?
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes - the number is -- zero.

In Christ,

Bob

16. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

And that's why your master Ellen White forbids you from eating, for example, hamburgers, steaks and sausage? When will you learn that her/your misinterpretation is not the true Christian interpretation?

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Still no response to the RCC admitting that the Eucharist teaching is in fact idolatry - once you admit you are not Catholic?

Surely someone will respond to the point.

In Christ,

Bob

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

To my knowlege, in the history of Catholicism, there have been two (one about the Assumption and one about the Immaculate Conception).

19. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

[​IMG]
    Two lies in one sentence! You've doubled your output! [​IMG]

20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm not even Catholic, I know that Catholics don't worship anything but the Trinity.