1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreknowledge in 1 Peter 1:2

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by RunAway, Jan 24, 2009.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

The will of God

God with forknowledge can predestined our path. He doesn't have have to change our mind just change our suroundings. Like taking our hedge of protection away our placing it there. God will, will be done if He has to do it through someone else. Time is nothing to God, so our time is not His. His will will be done either we will complete His will or be an example of what will happen if we don't.

2. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

One of the many ways we'll "Conform to his image" is that for all we'll know once Heaven begins is that we too were with God "From the beginning",

We'll have no memory of this "Former life/planet.

Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are taking Scripture, and twisting it around.

John 1:1 is plainly speaking of Christ being present from when the world began, but your statement of us being from the beginning too, sounds like mormonism. Only God was "from the beginning".
    If we have no memory of this former planet...how do the martyr's in Revelation have just that? The rich man in Jesus' Lazarus story? Clearly they have memory of this planet!
    New Heavens and New Earth are really misundestood in today's society. That passage is not saying this earth will be completely destroyed, but it will be resurrected, like our bodies. We will have "new" bodies, but they will be the resurrected molecules of the old, not complete recreations. If you hold to this view, then satan and sin has won as God is powerless to redeem His creation.
    I would suggest reading Heaven by Randy Alcorn that addresses many such misinterpretations of passages like these. He combines them all into one book for easy reading.

4. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

The Trib/thousand years reign/GWT will all be over with before the New heaven/Earth are created,

That's the time frame Isa is refering too.

Evidently Randy doesn't know that if he believes that passage applies to "this world".