1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreknowledge

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Robert Snow, Nov 8, 2011.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does not throughout the OT say He and He alone chose the children of Israel. You only have I Known of all the people of the earth. Yet I will punish you. The known, the sheep.

Then all through the OT God states a number of times what he is going to do concerning these known people, so the heathen would know that he is the LORD God.

Do we assume a person is a Jew because he says he is a Jew? What does a Jew do that outwardly shows he is Jewish? Jesus was a Jew. And, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day. They had this identity through the empire.

Nevertheless he cleaved unto the sins of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, which made Israel to sin; he departed not therefrom.

When Judah along with Benjamin and Levi succeeded from the nation Israel Jeroboam and every king of the house of Israel after began to change the customs of the people to keep them from returning to Jerusalem. God scattered them among the Gentiles and they had thrown away their identity.
    The once known sheep were now lost. Prodigal sons. They need to be reconciled. Not all at once but according to the will of God.
    For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

What Part?

Gen 48:19 YLT And his father refuseth, and saith, `I have known, my son, I have known; he also becometh a people, and he also is great, and yet, his young brother is greater than he, and his seed is the fulness of the nations;' (Gentiles)
    Acts 15:14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
    Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Foreknown?

After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gentiles whose mother was the Jerusalem which is above. Gentiles who had the work of the law written in their hearts:

34 And Peter opened his mouth and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
    35 but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is acceptable to him. Acts 10

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Primitive Baptist have an unusual way of interpreting Scripture. I wish you would answer questions in a more conventional way.

4. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This speaks loudly to say that God has chosen certain men for election because of what they have done or should I say knew what men would do. Preferance screams respect of men.
    MB

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The problem is that the words of that passage are bogus. They are not in scripture in that form.

6. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are not from my post you seem to be writting to Robert Snow and myself at the same time.

This is what I wrote in comment to it;
    This speaks loudly to say that God has chosen certain men for election because of what they have done or should I say knew what men would do. Preferance screams respect of men.
    MB

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes it was from your post that was responding to Robert. And not the passage does not say what he wrote. It was a fabrication of scripture not scripture itself. So God is not choosing people on what they do.