1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

foresight based election

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Mar 2, 2011.

1. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Mercy isn't fair. Jesus dying on the cross isn't fair.
    I never said it was wrong for God to show mercy and grace. I just said it wasn't fair for Christ to die on the cross for sins I committed. I said, if God was fair, you would be in hell because you are a sinner. If Christ didn't die on the cross, then you would have to go to hell to pay for your sins. THAT would be fair.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I see your point of view, but it cannot be correct, the scriptures say God is perfectly JUST in all things he does. The very definition of the word "just" means to be fair, look in any dictionary and see for yourself.

This is one of those statements people often make and is widely accepted, but unfortunately it is error.

3. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

In that sense, yes, He is fair if you are using it in regards to just. He is just. I don't pay for my sins(which I should) because Christ paid that penalty for me. God is just in that sin is still being punished. But the sense that I'm using it, it isn't always fair. God is fair in that he will judge everyone the same. God is not fair in that he sent Jesus to die on the cross in our place. That wasn't fair because Jesus didn't sin but yet he had to pay for my sins that I committed that I should have paid for. Hope that clears that up.