1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Forgiveness shown in case of Muslims who beheaded Christian girls

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 7, 2007.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Three Muslims were recently sentenced for beheading three Christian teenage girls two years ago in Indonesia.

The victims were attacked as they walked to school on October 29, 2005. The attackers then wrapped the girls' heads in plastic bags and left one on the steps of a church. The bags also contained notes promising the murder of more Christian teenagers. However, the three murderers were caught and convicted and received prison sentences ranging from 10 to 19 years.

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE STORY

2. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

I do not know if I could forgive them. If I did it would be after I killed them. They have to pay for there crime.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the article:

"Paul Estabrooks, a minister-at-large with Open Doors International, says although the sentences were light, victims families have forgiven the attackers. Estabrooks also points out that a fourth victim -- who was slashed, but survived -- has also commented on the outcome.

"Her name is Noviana, and she says in a recent interview we just did with her, 'It's hard to forgive what they did, very hard. The Lord taught us we need to forgive,'" says Estabrooks. "Even now she says, 'I can still feel anger sometimes but it helps me to pray for the killers. I pray that their hearts would be open to God and they'd repent from their sins to never kill again." "

It is inspiring to see Christians truly showing the light of Christ in their lives.

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

It is one thing for the Christian to forgive but if the State (govt), that has a mandated duty to protect the innocent, does not make proper judgments that will incarcerate or even put to death those who prey on the innocent it goes against what God has instituted.

Romans 13
    1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
    2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
    3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
    4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5. I Am Blessed 24

Yes, God DOES ordain the powers that be...given that, if they do not make proper judgments; don't you think God can take care of it...one way or another?

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

And usually here, and you see it all the time on the BB, christians only think of the violence and hate they could inflict on someone, kill them, casterate them,shoot them, hang them, let me have 5 minutes alone with them, thats what we usually hear from christians.
    i wonder which is the more Christ like attitude.

7. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I Am Blessed 17 thanks for bringing

this situation to our attention!

We are praying for these precious families who have lost their dedicated teen daughters.
    We pray for Noviana whom needs Your protection and comfort her as she feels the lose of her friends who were beheaded because of their faith. May I have that God-given forgiveness too. We pray for their murderers who need You as their Lord and Savior. And we pray for Open Doors International that the Lord will use them mightily,keep them safe. God,You may use these marytred teens as He did the 5 young men who were killed in South America. In Jesus' Name Amen.
    Remember Jim Elliot Nate Saint ? Years later the killers became Christian too.

8. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to be so noble, go to Saudi Arabia, tell a few people the gospel, then after they molest you, put your head on the chopping block.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The apostle Paul wrote that he was prepared to die for Christ. He never advocated taking physical vengeance against those who did him wrong.

10. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would still like to have 5 minutes alone with those who prey on the helpless, donnA, if only to prove the point that they are nothing more than bullies who tuck their tails between their legs when confronted by someone who can throw as hard a punch as they could, and probably fight better and dirtier than they can.

Forgiveness is something else.

What is to forgive, if no forgiveness has been asked, and what is to pardon, if no guilt has been admitted.

Only God does that, and only to His children.

#10 pinoybaptist, Dec 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this what you believe God would have you to do?

12. I Am Blessed 24

Are we not commanded to love as God loves?

If I were to turn away ANYONE, regardless of what they have done. I am saying that Jesus' death on the cross was for naught.

I repeat, the blood of Jesus washes away ALL sin or NO sin.

There but for the grace of God...

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

Preaching the gospel is better then christians preaching hate and violence.