1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Former Muslim chaplain tells his story.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by mioque, Oct 14, 2005.

1. mioque

mioque New Member

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-525-1817081-525,00.html

An American in chains
    James Yee entered Guantanamo as a patriotic US officer and Muslim chaplain. He ended up in shackles, branded a spy. This is his disturbing story

My cell was 8ft by 6ft, the same size as the detainees’ cages at Guantanamo. Barely a week ago I had received a glowing evaluation for my work as the US army’s Muslim chaplain among the “Gitmo” prisoners. Now I was the one in chains.

2. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Oh wow, this statement is absolutely not true. Maybe I can file a lawsuit against this "news outlet" for slander and libel. Pat downs only occur after a detainee is shackled, and those who resisted the pat down, did so ineffectively and therefore did not have to suffer IRF. Nice try though.

Sorry Captain. I know what you really did, and in mine and other's opinions, you really should have still been in Leavenworth awaiting your Death penalty.

That, however is not anyone's job there. We are not there for an education on the nation of Islam. Maybe the good Captain should have been expelled from the Army just for being unable to comprehend his duties as ordered. All people coming to the JDOG facility ARE terrorists. Who cares if they are Muslim or Mormon for that matter?

What really creeps me out is that this is so very sympathetic towards all the detainees. They are the very stepping stones to the path that has led to this bloody war. They sound mostly like a commerical.."I am not the guy who killed Americans on 9-11, I am the guy who recruited the hijackers" or "I am not the one who made bombs, just the one who taught how to make the bombs".

Feeling around in my heart for some sympathy...wait for it, wait for it...nope.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow!

I'm shocked! I didn't know the prisoners there were so friendly and well behaved.

:rolleyes:

4. mioque

mioque New Member

emeraldctyangel
    Let it never be said that sister Julie isn't willing to help a fellow boardmember.
    The news outlet you want to haul before the courts is the London Times, a rather oldfashioned British newspaper.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your service, Emeraldctyangel! And thank you for your post on this subject!

I don't know what to think about this idea of Muslim chaplains, but I wish that we did not have them. It seems to me that this particular chaplain has had divided loyalties and I don't like his actions.

6. emeraldctyangel

Capro, lately they have learned what a blessing air conditioning is. Im telling you all right now, if the mid east were cooled by central air conditioning, they would all get along so much better. :D

There were a few in the beginning that didnt want to participate in the process and would fight every step of the way. Some of the detainees have been known to attempt sexual contact with same sex guards. I know of one that was successful (just a kiss, but ew)...never let em get that close. :eek:

CMG - Islam does that to people - divide, confuse, and monger fear. I am so glad I follow Jesus Christ.

Thanks Mioque!

7. mioque

mioque New Member

emeraldctyangel
    Just to make things absolutely clear .
    You are/were a prisonguard at that marinebase in Cuba where the USA keeps its collection of Moslim terrorists?

8. mioque

mioque New Member

I found the following comment on the article, by what is apparently an experienced law enforcement official from Texas.

"Just as a point of interest, which the article in question skips, is that the eight-man takedown tactic described is used in nearly every US prison system and many large jails. Since its wide-spread application, inmate injuries from guards has dropped dramatically, along with guard injuuries from inmates. By using specially-trained and equipped teams for all physical confrontations, both sides of the equations are safer.

The teams use pepper spray (which the SC has ruled to be equal to grabbing, pushing, or holding in terms of use of force) and then sheer body mass to pin & cuff a target.

As to his allegation that the Koran would never be used to hide a weapon, that's patent absurdity. I've found weapons inside hollowed-out Bibles and Korans.

And regardless of Islamic law (assuming he's correct on the matter), the US SC and the Convention rules on treatment of prisoners of war allow strip searches. What he has described is common practice in prisons everywhere.

In a box of 'reminders' I have is a shank made from a nickel carefully ground against a concrete floor into a sharp blade which was set into a handle made from strips of drinking straw plastic bound together with melted styrofoam from a cup. It was strong enough to drive through my shirt pocket, a pocket notebook, the shirt, the nylon cover to my body armor, and through 5/8ths of an inch of level II-A kevlar.

Strip searches are not to humilitate, but rather because ingenuity & time can turn small bits into weapons."

9. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Prisoners never lie or make false claims.This young captain may be telling the truth from his perspective we just have to keep in mind that he could be lied to by the prisoners and he sounds a little gullible to me.I am inclined to be somewhat sympathetic toward him but his is the only side of the story I have read.

10. emeraldctyangel

For all intents and purposes...and no disrespect to my Marine brothers and sisters, it is not a Marine base. It's a Navy base. Was there, might go back. Pray hard that not to become reality again. Ive got better things to do besides babysit bombmaking instructing morons.

I agree the Captain may have been somewhat gullible. But Ive met a lot of terrifying personalities that seemed that way at first. Oh but how the light shines on the truth later on...