1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Former PM Has Left The Anglican...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TCGreek, Mar 7, 2008.

1. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Former PM Tony Blair has left the Anglican church for the Roman Catholic and now is a fellow at Yale, where he will be teaching on Faith and Globalization (
    I want if president Bush would end up at Oxford or Cambridge when he leaves office...).

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7284494.stm

2. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Not a chance. Blair and W are good friends but they are very different personalities. W is not and never has been a scholar and has never been particularly liked by those in academia.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    President Bush is an Ivy League Graduate - Yale and also graduated from the Harvard School of Business.

I don't know that we have had a President with those educational credentials in the past 20 years.

Anyone?

4. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Bill Clinton: Graduate of Georgetown University; Rhodes Scholar at Oxford; law degree from Yale.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Wasn't this during his drug/alcohol days? Did he go to class or did his Dad buy a new building on campus?

6. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Its always a very sad thing anytime ANYONE leaves a christian group...even a liberal one...for the Catholic cult of Rome.

Mike

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, it's sad. But worse if they had nothing to leave or anything to leave for. That's how it goes in South Africa. Robert Mugabe speaks with touching endearment of his "very devout" Catholic mother; and is known for what he is known best. He is but one example. It is a bad day for this part of the world, believe me. Nevertheless our political figures are not supposed to be the role-models of religion. You may freely imagine what is is like with our religious leaders. You cannot let your thoughts go too far. What is it? I say it's liberalism, or in now a days terms, universalism. There's no more distintives of Beliefs. It's - plainly - worldliness.

8. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

One of the former staff members at the church of which I was pastor left her Baptist roots, which included a seminary degree, and became a Catholic. Not just a garden-variety Catholic, either, but a member of Opus Dei. When she explains why, she said it was because Baptists were so wishy-washy and so unclear, and she wanted a clear and definite theology.

Well, there are plenty of Baptist churches and groups in which she could have found that sort of absoluteness. But to me the real issue is what we understand faith to be -- a set of dogmas to assent to or a relationship to be embraced? Relationships are always muddy and ambiguous. But I believe that is what God asks of us ... justice, mercy, and a humble walk with Him. Not all personalities work that way, I suppose.

9. trustitl

trustitl New Member

And other news of equal importance: a guy in our local town quit his job at the truck stop and is now working at Wal-Mart.

He knows that Wal-Mart has a lot more to offer him than the truck stop. Maybe Tony knows something too.

10. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Well, she found one. As dogmatic as they come. But unfortunetly it is clear and definite in teaching error, blasphemy, paganisn, goddess worship, etc etc etc.

If she is a child of God I believe her stay in the Catholic church will not be permanent. God will bring her back out.

Mike