1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Forum for Name Calling???

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by fortytworc, Apr 17, 2012.

?

Protect the thread Poll

Poll closed Apr 22, 2012.
  1. Great Idea!

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No it Isn't!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes It Is! Heretic!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ignorant Catholic; Reformed...;Calvinist;Arminiumnist!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I know you are but what am i/

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Excuse me can I say..- NO You Can't!!!

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This name calling thread has become rather tame. Before a guest reader feels as if they have been reading the Gandhi Board I will take it upon myself to resume our endless (and often pointless) banter.

The Di Vinci Code!? :eek: How could you bring up such an evil work in polite conversation? That you're familiar with Dan Brown's book proves one thing: YOU READ FICTION! How edifying is that? And you call yourself a Baptist?

Brown book has Jesus' wife fleeing to France. We all know what goes on in France. They build Renaults there!!! And you call yourself an American?

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Which thread in current events, politics, or other Christian that runs over 25 posts has NOT degenerated into name calling?

3. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Astute observation, Captain Obvious. :laugh:

4. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Your name is quite heretical itself. Along with Padre which means Catholic Priest "Father"
    Matt.23: 9 And call no one your father on the earth, for One is your Father in Heaven.
    Then the 'du':
    Democratic Underground
    www.democraticunderground.com/
    Providing political satire and commentary for Democrats, a weekly Top Ten Conservative Idiots list and a wide range of discussion groups. You should be dead now! And just when you thought it was all over...you try to blend this already satanic amalgamation together with, of all people...Ayn Rand. You call yourself a Democratic Underground Catholic 'Father' while also espousing Ayn Rands Philosophy of "Objectivism". Quite the Volatile Cocktail. My Dad owned a Renault When the were pronounced correctly: Re-Nalt. What is to be done with a hairy tick as you? Killer of Bambi!!! Cohort with Gandhi! What's next? Probably something having to do with 'Harry Potter'. doo doo head.

5. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Actually, this could be very educational....not the stupid things people say when all het up, but really clever witticisms from the greats in literature or where ever.

There was a NZ prime minister some time ago called "Piggy" Muldoon who was very quick witted. A journalist was talking about the numbers of NZ going to Australia, and was he concerned about it.

He replied that it improved the IQ of both countries. I am an Aussie Cit who permanently resides in NZ. I think the comment very RUDE but very CLEVER.:thumbs:

7. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Those is no emoticon for ROFL......this is hilarious.

Renaults are so so but in Australia if you really want to branded as a no hoper, drive a Volvo.

:thumbs:

8. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only pot smokers in New Hampshire drive Volvos.

It's always been pronounced Ren-OH except for our American propensity for saying things anyway we want to. Like bom-BAR-dee-eh (Bombardier). What's up with that? I had Bom-ba-DEER built snowmobiles for years.

Who's this Harry Potter you mentioned? Does he drive a Volvo?

9. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

We already have a name calling forum; it's called "Baptistboard". :laugh:

10. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you find one that hasn't, let us know. We'll be happy to fix it. It must have been an oversight.

11. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Friends of yours,eh?

I think the Bill of Rights guarantees us the right to pronounce words any way we want to. This is included in our right to end sentenses anyway we want to,too.

Oh no you don't PadreAynRand! The 5th amendment says I don't have to answer that!

There are some very healthy, well balanced people here who are able to laugh at themselves a little. RUN. HIDE! I would say,"Save Yourselves!!" except we know we can't save ourselves.

OVERSIGHT?? We must not tolerate ANY oversight by ANY overseer.

12. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Could someone please tell me why Mormons are called thus. I figgered if their creed came from the angel Moroni.....surely they would be called Morons.....but hey I am jist an iggerant Mick from the derriere of the world:laugh:

13. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

It is a misspelling from a manuscript which was a copy of the manuscript which Joseph Smith himself copied from the Golden Tablets containing the 'Reformed Egyptian Hieroglyphics'. Smitty may have had only one of the two 'U rum' and 'Thu mun' goggle /glasses/stones to use in the translating process that day. Just one of many things you can glean from the 'Mormon Gleaning and Such' Department place.
    Now, shouldn't I call you a name or something?Maybe doo doo head!!! Yes! that will doo doo it!

#73 fortytworc, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2012
  14. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

At the halfway point of this thread, padredurand has a comfortable lead in name-calling. But some others up there behind.

Some of you would do better if you'd quit being cordial.

15. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sarcasm is my native language. I had to take ESL to tone it down. I should give lessons. Speaking of which, Tom, if you meant to be insulting in your second sentence you misspelled their.

"Never argue with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience." Anon. :thumbsup:

16. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

....is that the best you could come up with "doo doo head', why you dropsical, cheese paring, whey faced, fleabitten rascal......

17. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

18. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

I did not drop any call! You must have wandered by the wayside and fell into a weak signal area. Also, I would not pair any cheese and be found to be divisive to the body of cheeses.
    You on the other hand must love to emulate fictional characters who fear spiders while eating cottage cheese during a plague of fleas.

Recipe...
    Miss Muffet's Curds and Whey Salad

Equipment: mixing spoon, measuring cup

Ingredients (for each person):
    1 leaf of lettuce (for the tuffet)
    1/3 cup cottage cheese (for Miss Muffet's curds and whey)
    1 prune (or raisin) (for the spider!)

Wash the lettuce under cold water and shake off the drops of water. Put it on a small plate. Measure 1/3 cup cottage cheese and put it on the lettuce. Put the prune on top of the cottage cheese. If you want a smaller spider, use a raisin on top of the cottage cheese. Even Miss Muffet wouldn't be afraid of this spider!

19. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Scruffy Nerfherder

20. padredurand

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rebarbative natterer.

Don't make me pull out my thesaurus.