1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Four More Years of Obama

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Thank God for young people! My 28 year old daughter is much the same and I was one proud dad to march at her side at Ron Paul rallies! The future belongs to these kids and they are more informed and politically awake than most of us older folks are. These kids give me hope for the future of this country.

#21 poncho, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
  2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That may be the major difference we're seeing here. My contact with most people in that age group includes students in a large city public school and some college students. Both sets seem to be more of the mindset of being afraid of not being able to pay for healthcare or not being able to pay for college, usually a combo of both, so the idea of having a lot of government help is very appealing. They all think they're going to be well off one day if they just have enough handed to them today. Can't say that I blame them. That's human nature and the evolving mindset in our society, but it's a short sighted vision and at that age, a lot of can't see the big picture or even imagine much more than five years ahead if they haven't been raised in a way that teaches them critical thinking skills.

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I like to refer to it as the legalzation of child murder.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for them their real education is still ahead of them. We all have to attend the school of hard knocks eventually and most of us are ill prepared when that day comes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.