1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FOX News is Moving to the Left

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jul 1, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carpro
    The truth is that FOX news never has been right wing.

Prove it.

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You prove it. :tongue3:

#22 Daisy, Jul 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  3. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

Napolitano is certaintly no leftist but is more libertarian or a strict Constitutional conservative. Other conservatives such as Joe Scarborough of MSNBC and Pat Buchanan have been critical of Bush.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was you that said the statement was false.

But I understand. You have no proof. :smilewinkgrin:

You were really just expressing your opinion and that's OK by me.

#24 carpro, Jul 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2006
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The majority of the personalities are right wing. I wouldnt be so quick to say it is going left. Largley because that would be its downfall. Left television and radio fails every time.

The main networks, ABC, NBC, CBS, have been more left leaning for years. Once Fox came on the scene their rating bottomed out. But hey, they think they hold the majority opinion. Doesnt seem to play out in the ratings.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, most of their talking heads are right wing, but I'm speaking of "news".

It is my contention that their presentation of the "news" has been closer to the center than any other major network. And still is.

7. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20010312/eviatar

This is from previous Fox employees themselves.

This blending of news with right-wing partiality dismays many Fox employees. Although staffers say they don't receive direct orders to include or ignore stories for political purposes, "I've been at editorial meetings," says one Fox News Channel employee who did not want to be named. "Certain stories fly and certain stories don't. I'm not blind and neither are my colleagues. Everyone is aware that something is at work. There's a reason that there's a perception that Fox leans to the right."

A manager at the Fox News Channel who's been in broadcast news for six years and who also declines to be identified says the tilt is reflected in the enterprise pieces aired. "The ideas come from the bureau chiefs, and they want to get their reporters on the air, so they're going to pitch stories that management will approve." Says Sarah Barrows, a former production assistant and booker at the Fox News Channel, "They know who their audience is, and they pick stories based on that." Barrows, now an associate producer at Oxygen Media, says that during the Clinton impeachment investigation, for example, "that story probably led nine out of ten times."

The Whitewater investigation was another popular front-runner. "Fair and balanced? Give me a break," says a former Fox producer. "During the Clinton impeachment--which they were just loving--it was OK to run a Newt Gingrich soundbite by itself. But if you ran a soundbite by a Democrat you also had to run a soundbite by a Republican." Though this producer had worked at CBS News and at an ABC affiliate, "I had never experienced a newsroom that was that conservative." Fox management's far heavier hand than at other networks is in part a reflection of the fact that Murdoch owns 30 percent of the stock of News Corporation; the other major television networks are all owned by large corporations with widely held shares.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "unnamed" "declines to be identified" sure does allow for anything goes doesnt it.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

We just differ on the reason. I believe it appears to lean right because most other networks are so far left that one in the center appears to lean right whether it does or not.