1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frankie Schaeffer and Jeremiah Wright

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

First, the late Francis Schaeffer did not call for a violent overthrow of the U.S. government. Read the quotes in the article from Christian Manifesto - he is saying there might come a time when such is necessary, but he is not clearly calling for that in these quotes. So Franky Jr., as is often the case with him, distorts the truth and again tramples on his father's reputation.

Second, Francis Schaeffer was not a hate-filled racist, as is the case with Jeremiah Wright.

Third, this is merely a diversion from the current dicussion. Schaeffer has been dead for 25 years, Reagen and Ford are both dead and haven't been President for decades. So what exactly is the point, Franky? I have no respect for you living off the name of your famous Dad all the while despising him with your complete lack of disrespect.*

* This goes well beyond this one article - Franky has been trashing his parents for years now. He's scum.

#2 Andy T., Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008
  3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I guess you need to tell his son this. I heard Schaeffer's son on AM talk radio not more than an hour ago saying that his dad did call for an overthrow of this country, but what would he know.

4. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Yes, and he would be distorting the truth. If his only evidence is the quotes from Christian Manifesto as referenced in his Huffington's Post article, then he is distorting the truth. There is no remote similarity between what Schaeffer said in those quotes with the hate-filled rhetoric of J. Wright. Not even close.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

You may well be correct. I only reported what I heard Mr. Schaeffer's son say on the radio.