1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fred Thompson C.F.R. member,darling would be candidate of the G.O.P

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by betterthanideserve, Aug 24, 2007.

1. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

Does it make any difference to you that Fred Thompson is a member of the C.F.R?

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the CFR?

3. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes what is CFR?
    faithgirl

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The Council on Foreign Relations, a non-partisan group that studies foreign policy.

http://www.cfr.org/

They publish studies worthy of serious contemplation and discussion as we seek to properly understand the proper role of America in changing global conditions. You have members that are interventionists, isolationists, and all points in between. I was made aware of them by Reagan Republicans back in the day. Many try to erroneously and perjoratively paint CFR people as either neo-cons or liberals because they study issues. (Imagine that)

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Who would do a thing like that? :laugh: :thumbs:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not bothered by anyone being a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

The Council on Foreign Relations' main publication is Foreign Affairs - www.foreignaffairs.org. I have been a subscriber for several years.

The Council on Foreign Relations' website is www.cfr.org.

I am bothered that Fred Thompson is s member of the American Enterprise Institute(AEI), the leading neo-"conservative" think tank.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Non Partisan? I can see why that would bother a great many people.

The CT's are primarily concerned with the conspiracies they are bound to be cooking up in their meetings.:rolleyes:

Actually, it is to Thompson's credit he is a member. From the list of name I saw, no dummies need apply.

8. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fred Thompson is annoying. Either get in or get out, I say.

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Whether you or I find Fred Thompson annoying, or personally like or dislike him and/or his positions and/or his political stances, he actually is a far more traditional candidate than most we are seeing, these days. Very seldom did any candidate ever "get in" to a race, this far ahead of the actual election, until the last couple of election cycles, aside from the almost assured candidates, such as a sitting President or Vice-President, who really did not usually announce for the job, this far ahead, but were merely assumed to be running for it.

Why is it now necessary for a year-long race to evolve into a two, three, or even a four year long race, overtly, as opposed to behind the scenes?? I get far more weary of the continual 'campaigning' with its overtly 'political' rhetoric, and "talking points", designed to simply disparage one or more others, than I do with any 'delayed' announcement of intentions, personally.

Ed

#9 EdSutton, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2007
  10. betterthanideserve

What is the CFR?

Those in the CFR,describe it as a think tank on international policy.
    However they are truly an organization that (if you read their mission statement )
    tell us clearly that they desire a global community,at this time they are working on regionalizing the countries of Canada,U.S. and Mexico you may have heard of the North American Union?or seen or heard about it on Lou Dobbs?
    Many deny the intent of the C.F.R. but it is clear that they are a group of individuals with common goals,(globalism) one world government,don't beleive what I am saying or anyone else that tries to convince you on either side of the issue....but take a look at the information presented on both sides of the issue and prayerfully consider the facts.Bear in mind the attitude taken from both sides ,do those that disagree with me substantiate their arguments or do they resort to name calling E.T.C. ?

When someone lacks an intelligent argument to support their position logicaly they try other tactics.which serves two purposes

1.An attempt to bully the one they disagree with
    2.Shows their ignorance on the subject being discussed

So like I said study the facts, draw your own conclusions and consider the source
    Many people on this forum really haven't got a clue,are afraid of the truth,and spend their lives whistling past the graveyard,cause it's easier to make beleive the devil doesn't exist.one day they will find out that God can't lie and Satan can't tell the truth,one day every knee shall bow and every tounge confess "THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!":smilewinkgrin:

11. betterthanideserve

Just call me a CF (conspiracy facter) I don't attend any mettings just study,(unlike some)before I comment on something that I know absolutly nothing about .

How about you? Do you have any Idea what your talking about ? I DON"T THINK THAT YOU DO
    Wake up Leroy!:sleeping_2: :sleep:

Or can you not handle the truth?

12. betterthanideserve

Do you think you will get the truth from the cfr website?REALLY?
    I'm sure that Hitler and Stalin said that there was nothing to worry about....Come on man..................

Like going to planned parenthoods website and beleiving it when they tell you its not really a human just a mass of tissue...get real...........

If it wasn't so sad I'd be laughing out loud right now ,instead you almost make me want to cry.seriously
    how sad......

13. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It pleases me.

14. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do I know I'll get the truth from you? If I beleived you to be a liar, then anything you say would be suspect. But I think I need to believe what you say until I have hard evidence that you are a liar before I assume you are lying.

Shouldn't you give the same courtesy to other people and organizations?

But both Hitler and Stalin clearly lived and stated their positions. For instance, there was no mistaking that Hitler wanted to remake the world according to his ethnic and German nationalist theories. Please give me evidence that CFR has clearly stated their intentions to take over the world.

Well, it IS a mass of tissue, but we believe there is much more to it than that... we believe it is human life. But that's a difference of opinion/identification. Planned Parenthood does hide the fact that tissue is removed from a woman's uterus during an abortion. That's not a matter of concealment of agenda, that's a matter of belief regarding the nature of that tissue. (And yes, I am strongly opposed to abortion.)

I feel exactly the same way about you.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The CFR website offers a variety of opinions. It is not a news organization.

Everyone should be willing to read a variety of viewpoints, not just a viewpoint that he/she already agrees with.

16. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

better post below

#16 hillclimber1, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2007
  17. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Try keeping your statements on your facts. It's where you shine and it suits you far better than this does.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

While Fred Thompson may not be the perfect candidate, he stands way taller than the announced three front runners for the Republican nomination and all the Democrats.