1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free Concert: Michael Passons formerly of Avalon

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by dianetavegia, Sep 10, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

If you live in driving distance, you are invited to this free concert!

http://www.michaelpassons.com/

Hear Michael Passons live in a FREE CONCERT at 6:00 p.m. on Sept. 25th. A love offering will be taken. Our community is invited!

About michael passons
    For Michael Passons, the most meaningful experience as an artist is hearing from someone that his music has somehow changed their perspective on life in a positive way. "Music is very powerful, especially when combined with the message of the Gospel. I love knowing God uses that to give people hope and a deeper faith," he says. Michael grew up singing hymns and playing piano in his small country church in Yazoo City, Mississippi. His love for music began in childhood and he took an early interest in piano and songwriting. As a young musician, Michael was influenced by the keyboard flavored sounds of music veterans Elton John and Lionel Richie. In college, he performed in a band and in a New Jersey-based group that toured nationally. After completing his degree in classical piano at Mississippi College, Michael moved to Nashville and began working with fellow musicians. His career took a dramatic turn when Grant Cunningham, a Sparrow A&R director, caught his performance at a Nashville showcase. This pivotal meeting led to Michael becoming the founding member of the Christian pop group, Avalon. In 1995, Avalon made their debut as part of the Young Messiah Tour and the rest, as they say, is history. This year will be an exciting year for Michael as it marks the beginning of his solo career. After eight years, seven records, five Dove Awards, two Grammy nods and a 2003 American Music Award for "Favorite Inspirational Artist," Michael feels ready to leave the group setting of Avalon and stand on his own as an artist. He is thankful for this new chapter and the freedom to write music from his heart and minister around the globe. Michael explains, "My songs tend to be so introspective and vunerable...too personal for a group to sing. In this respect, I am very excited about the road ahead and the opportunity for people to learn a different side of me." Michael is excited about "sharing with other people what God is doing in my life and what he is teaching me. I find that I do this best through my music." Michael's vision for this new chapter in his ministry is "to write and sing songs from my heart that will connect with those that listen. As I share what God has done in my life, perhaps others will find encouragement in their Christian life." If his life message could be expressed in one passage, it would be "For nothing is impossible with God," (Luke 1:37). "This scripture is so simple yet so profound. I am moved most by seeing God work in the most impossible circumstances." Michael reflects, "I am finding that each day, there is something new to learn and by sharing with each other, God can and will be glorified. I have found that I still have so much to learn. Just when I think I have something figured out, I am back to being humbled by my humanness and reminded that God's ways are higher than mine. I have learned that salvation is God's job and obedience is mine...but in the end, we need His strength to even do our part in it all. He is our all in all."

http://www.fbcvr.com/index.html

For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom He paid was not mere gold or silver. 19 He paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 20 God chose Him for this purpose long before the world began, but now in these final days, He was sent to the earth for all to see. And He did this for you.
    1 Peter 1:18