1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free Grace Soteriology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jul 13, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just started reading this book which seems well researched and compared to the original languages and other areas. The author argues in the preface that FREE GRACE is a outflow of Premillennial theology and he says that Augustine changed his view from Premill to Amill and he mentions the difference between Cal vs. Armin on their Salvation theology.

Armin- Fall from Grace lose salvation
    Calvinist- Lordship Salvation those whom do not have works are false converts

But what of those holding to both systems such as Charles Stanley and Erwin Lutzer?

However what has me confused is that there are those that hold to Premillennialism and also Lordship Salvation and of major authors I can only think of Mac as Tim Lahaye, Charles Stanley, Erwin Lutzer, David Jeremiah, Ron Rhodes and may others hold to Free Grace. Can someone explain why someone can be a Premillennialist and also a Lordship salvationist? Just got into the book so he may explain...

2. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks brother. However I think I am gonna dodge web articles, and blog articles as lots of false information is out there, unless the web article is also available in print. Print usually requires an editing team, and a scholar doing the writing, but a blog or web article usually requires one person whom may or may not have been to seminary. I was just reading a web article (not yours) web articles are usually more polished than blogs, but anyways the person whom wrote the article got his facts wrong on LS saying that unless one has fully submitted in all areas of his life one is not saved. LS does not teach we are perfect but we are in the process.

#3 evangelist6589, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure I understand the difficulty...

5. 12strings

12strings Active Member

The simplest answer is that one's eschatology does not dictate one's soteriology. There are trends, of course, as most Calvinists are not premilinial, but I think the author you refer to overstates the link.

6. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's like asking what the color 9 smells like. :wavey:

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that is what you think the gist of LS is then you do not understand it.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

No it's all about 1 John 1:9 and a true convert will submit and repent.

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The link JonC provided is a book IN PRINT that is also available on the web in .pdf format. I suggest you read it.

And I'm wondering about someone that dodges web articles and blogs as being unreliable and full of false information yet expects strangers to listen to him preach on street corners. Should they expect this type of delivery of theology to be scholarly and errorless?

#9 InTheLight, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  10. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I do not preach complex theology just the simple gospel. Who would listen if I got into eschatology, forms of dispensationalism, bible translations, biblical theology vs. Systematic theology, etc???

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simple answers would be that how one view eschatology and Sotierology are two seperate issues, and that LS theology came out from a reformed view of salvation, so most Baptists would hold to eternal security, not enduring of the saints as reformed presuppose...

12. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

Agreed.

Potatoes.... obviously.

13. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's catchy. Somebody ought to put that in a song.

Oh, wait.....