1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free Instaverse Software

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JohnB, Oct 25, 2005.

1. JohnB

JohnB New Member

I just got an email from Wordsearch and downloaded this free KJV software. When you are on a web page, if you hover over a verse reference, it pops up the verse. Very cool.

Check it out at www.instaverse.com

(This is free advertising! I am not affiliated with these folks.)

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Thank you for posting this link! It also works with Microsoft Word! Just type in a verse reference such as Rom. 14:12; Rm 13:11; Rom 3.3; Rom. 9:11; or Rom 5.8 and move your mouse’s cursor over the reference and the verse in its entirety pops up on your screen in the KJV. If you want it to pop up in another translation, you can purchase a module containing that translation (they offer about 30 choices).

A very nice thing about this for people who use Microsoft Word is that they can type a paper using verse reference citations (using any of the standard formats) and instantly check to verify that they cited the correct book, chapter, and verse. For example, when I move my cursor over the verse references in my paragraph above, using any of those formats, the verse pops up on my screen.

Now let’s try the KJV apocrypha,

2 Mac. 3:5 (Nothing)
    Baruch 2:3 What do you know! This message pops up: “Bar 2:3 cannot be displayed in this translation because it does not include the deuterocanonical books. Please try another translation….”
    Tobit 5:3 (Same thing as for Baruch 2:3)
    2 Maccabees 2:3 (Same thing as for Baruch 2:3)
    1 Maccabees 2:3 (Same thing as for Baruch 2:3)
    2 Macc 3:5 (Same thing as for Baruch 2:3)
    Big Mac (Nothing)
    French Fries (Nothing)

Well, Instaverse is not a free lunch, but it is a good program!

[​IMG]