1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Free moral agency and the providence of God

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by reformedbeliever, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Then you don't believe in an "all knowing God".

[This thread is not about moderation; it is about free moral agency and the providence of God - rsr]

#61 Brother Bob, Nov 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2006
  2. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

Ok, but in order to make a movie there must be a script or some knowledge of how it will proceed to its desired end. In other words there was knowledge before hand so that the movie will be made (determining) in the likeness of His foreknowledge.

I realize the analogy was probably a poor one (I would have used it to - but we are not actors play out our predetermind parts decided upon by the creator of the story) But not matter what analogy we use it will always hold to knowing something before it is done.

However, the fact we don't know How God knows anything makes all that we state here in merely guess work. All we know is that God foreknew then predestined. So ALMOST all views concerning what and how God knew are ONLY speculation and nothing more. Therefore all speculation will be done according to our theological bent(s) but should not be held as TRUTH in our theology but a view of that Truth.

4. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Ok Allen. I think I know what you said, but i'm not sure you know what you think you said......lol. Just trying to lighten up a bit. Yeah, the Bible is truth... and we can speculate all day long. I believe from the 139 verse, that all things are decreed by God, for God, and His glory. It is not based upon what He forsaw men would do.... to me that is man centered theology... of which we have way too much of today. I love God centered theology. I'm sure you do too. Grace and peace

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me but I guess not. Live and learn, we never get too old.

6. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

It was good...was it not? We need to pick it back up again. Maybe after the years end...Lord willing.

7. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Bible verses that show God controls man...yet man makes a choice...

If God had not sent His fear on the other kingdoms, they would have made war with Judah.

8. Allan

Allan Active Member

Brother Bob:
    What or who is this addressed to??

James:
    I agree it was good and would truly enjoy picking it back up. :thumbsup:

Also James:
    I would not say that God CONTROLS man in the sense that man is but a puppet on a string (not that you said such but I am clarifying my meaning) but that man will 'choose' to do that which God desires. God uses differing means to bring forth the desired results in stead of direct control, as in the scripture above - God used fear in such a way that the nations around Judah choose to not war with them, but this choice was one in accordance with Gods will and mans decision.
    >>>Edited In<<<
    Was Mans the freedom to choose withheld and therefore violated with regard to Gods intervention?
    Was Gods Sovereignty impuned with Man allowed to choose what they will do?
    The answer to both is...No.

#68 Allan, Nov 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2006
  9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

A couple of my posts had been removed and I begin to wonder if I really posted them Allan.

10. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

Hey Bro Bob, You're still young! I'd stay out of cold creeks though and not tempt providence! God does expect us to be good stewards of what He has given to us!

11. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

A man's heart plans his way,
    But the Lord directs his steps!
    Proverbs 16:9

Yes, we make our decisions but behind all that the Lord is directing the whole outcome just as He controlled the battles in the OT. Providence rules!